Clean sweep claw is dropping prize prematurely.. Please Help

Dazzle

Hi all!

I have a clean sweep claw machine that works perfectly, except for 1 flaw… only if  the claw is dropped anywhere near the most right side of the machine, it will travel just 2” shy of the prize hole and drop the prize back inside the machine, just before the hole!

this happens only when the claw is dropped furthest to the right wall, doesn’t matter if it’s in the front or back, if it’s dropped on the right side, it’s not bringing the prize all the way to the drop hole. Else where works perfect. I can take the claw to the right wall and then bring it back anywhere else even just 5” away from the right side and drop it and it goes exactly where it’s supposed too. Just can’t drop it agains the wall without prematurely dropping. 
Any suggestions? Please help! I’m new at this.

Thanks!

On 2/22/2024 at 12:32 AM, Dazzle said:

Hi all!

I have a clean sweep claw machine that works perfectly, except for 1 flaw… only if  the claw is dropped anywhere near the most right side of the machine, it will travel just 2” shy of the prize hole and drop the prize back inside the machine, just before the hole!

this happens only when the claw is dropped furthest to the right wall, doesn’t matter if it’s in the front or back, if it’s dropped on the right side, it’s not bringing the prize all the way to the drop hole. Else where works perfect. I can take the claw to the right wall and then bring it back anywhere else even just 5” away from the right side and drop it and it goes exactly where it’s supposed too. Just can’t drop it agains the wall without prematurely dropping. 
Any suggestions? Please help! I’m new at this.

Thanks!

I would check your limit switch and it's connections. It sounds like something is causing that switch to close prematurely and making the claw think that it is over the prize chute. Sometimes things can make contact with the switch when it moves at certain angles creating intermittent problems. A loose connection or a broken wire can do the same. It could also be a board issue, dip setting issue or a power supply issue but I would look at the switch first.