guts

The back panel on my LYPC Big Pro 2" capsule coin mechanism has gotten zinc rot. This is my only machine, as its for personal use rather than vending. Is it possible to just replace the zinc plate, rather than the entire coin mechanism?
temp.jpg.0bf284cb1af1b678e08ed74faf80932f.jpg

Edited by guts

18 hours ago, guts said:

The back panel on my LYPC Big Pro 2" capsule coin mechanism has gotten zinc rot. This is my only machine, as its for personal use rather than vending. Is it possible to just replace the zinc plate, rather than the entire coin mechanism?
temp.jpg.0bf284cb1af1b678e08ed74faf80932f.jpg

You should be able to to replace any component in the coin mech. Call LYPC and see if they can sell you the parts you need. Personally I would just buy a new mech and keep the old one for parts.

1 hour ago, gumball guy said:

You should be able to to replace any component in the coin mech. Call LYPC and see if they can sell you the parts you need. Personally I would just buy a new mech and keep the old one for parts.

Any recommendations on how to prevent the new mech from getting zinc rot?

1 hour ago, guts said:

Any recommendations on how to prevent the new mech from getting zinc rot?

Unfortunately, it always seemed to occur more frequently with Chinese manufactured equipment like LYPC. They use cheaper materials when casting parts and that can lead to more frequent zinc rot. That said, I have had it occur in my Oak coin mechs but very rarely and it was always in humid, metal processing/manufacturing facilities. My best advice in order to slow it down would be to keep it in low humidity and a constant temperature (like 60-80 degrees). I also would keep the moving parts very lightly lubricated.