Stolen machine

Tiffeney

I went to check on one of my machines that is located at a bar and it was stolen !  

:X:X:X:X

So my question is how to go about making a police report.  I have to make one so that vendstar send me a replacement .  I am worried about doing this ,because I have no liences or insurance or permits and I am not even sure they would even care about this !  So if anyone could help me on this one please let me know. 

i had one of mine stolen from denny's. I dont think there is much you can do. Seriously, what are the police gonna do? Its not like they are gonna waste valuable resources to track down a candy machine. Cops could care less. All cops want to do is write speeding tickets. Not trying to be a jerk or anything just letting you know how it is.

I think the best thing you can do is just replace it. Maybe fill out a police report but you need to have proof of ownership etc. It might be more trouble than its worth. I would say just buy a new one and replace it or dont even go back to that location as obvioulsy nobody gives a darn if your machine gets stolen.  It sucks but in my experiences thats part of the business.

Although maybe there is insurnace that covers stolen machines. I am not sure.

Mike

My Uncle being a Police Chief deals with stolen stuff all day long. CD players, house decorations, lawn mowers, etc.

The police will HELP you greatly. They will put a report out, and if ANYONE comes across your machine, they will get a call. They will be nice, and WILL CARE. Plus get your $300 machine found/ or replaced!

Kyle

My Uncle being a Police Chief deals with stolen stuff all day long. CD players, house decorations, lawn mowers, etc.

The police will HELP you greatly. They will put a report out, and if ANYONE comes across your machine, they will get a call. They will be nice, and WILL CARE. Plus get your $300 machine found/ or replaced!

Kyle

Yes Guth but remember you live in Tennessee. Don't forget I grew up in Tennessee myself so I am familiar with the police cooperation on thefts like this. Tiff is from Pittsburgh. I have a hard time believing they will be as accommodating as those in Tennessee.

Tiff. Yes contact the police to file a report so you can get another machine or to report it to your insurance, however, don't expect much help from them in re-locating your machine.

Sorry about your loss.

Steve

Yes, file a report. The police are not investigating your business. They are filing a report. Vendstar needs the report so you can get your machine replaced. Did you talk to the location about this? Is this a location you want to keep? If so, you can see if you can bolt down the machine to the floor and repair the floor if / when you remove the machine or at least move it to a "safer spot in the location."

David

It isn't that cops don't care, it is a matter of reality. The odds of finding that machine would be tremendous. The people stole it as either a prank or wanted the money in it. It is busted up any way you look at it. File the report. Police have a tough job as it is, just like most people in the service industry. No thanks, having to deal with jerks all day long, cleaning puke out of their cars, you get my drift.

Thanks

I am planing on going up to the station on Monday .  I do not expect them to find my machine all I need is the report so that I can send it to vendstar for my replacement ! 

Now for the bad news.  Just because you have a machine stolen, and you filled out the police report, don't expect VendStar to pony up with a replacement machine just because that's their stated policy.  I've heard reports of people trying to take advantage of their policy, yet for some reason, VendStar finds a way to not replace the machine.

Tiff:

IMHO: VENDSTAR WILL NEVER REPLACE YOUR MACHINE. I find that to be an "unreal" statement. They will simply say you should have had it in a safer place, or "It is not our place to replace your machines". Remember, just because someone says they are going to do something, it does NOT mean they will do it. There is a difference between a $5 mech and $300 machine.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/searchresults.asp?q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search!&q5=Vendstar&Search=Search

Look and See how many people vendstar have LIED to.

Kyle

THATS SENSATIONAL KYLE!!!!! THANKS FOR THE LINK!$@!!!!!!11

Tiffeney,

Do you have the offer to replace stolen machines in writing?   If you do, and you run into any trouble at all, you should be able to call around and find a lawyer that will write you a letter for $50 to $75 dollars referencing the guarantee.  That should be plenty to stimulate a replacement.  If you are unable to find a letter in that price range, try joining Pre Paid Legal.  They are a legal 'insurance' group with a sort of a for-profit co-op model.  Tons and tons of people chip in $75 a month, and in return have letter-writing services, any-time legal advice by phone for free, and a certain amount of legal defense hours pre-allocated should they need them.

Good luck, and keep us updated with your good news.

-Lucero

Tiff:

IMHO: VENDSTAR WILL NEVER REPLACE YOUR MACHINE. I find that to be an "unreal" statement. They will simply say you should have had it in a safer place, or "It is not our place to replace your machines". Remember, just because someone says they are going to do something, it does NOT mean they will do it. There is a difference between a $5 mech and $300 machine.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/searchresults.asp?q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search!&q5=Vendstar&Search=Search

Look and See how many people vendstar have LIED to.

Kyle

Alright I went to make the police report .  Came home and called vendstar and told them I had a made a police report.  Get this they want me to send $ 90.oo for the deductable for the replacement of it !  I was supposely  talking to Larry Kaplin that is when I said it was not worth me to send $90.oo and that I will just go to another company and then hung up !  Now I only have 34 machines on location for now !:X

Good call on not spending the $90. You can buy 2 oak vistas for $100 w/shipping and a stand with a bracket from XYZ for $35 w/shipping. Doubles are nice because it doesn't cost as much to put out because of the machine cost and the amount of product. Now you can locate a machine somewhere better. Or you can put one back in the bar if they are willing to move it somewhere else or a place you can put a chain on it.

Success follows those who press on despite the challenges. Keep it up. Success will come

Joe

I too have had a machine stolen from a bar and grill.   It sucked because I was making money.  The owner moved my machine too close to the door that set up a dash and grab.  Since I usually serviced my machine during the day, the daytime bartender knew me but not the night time crew.   I did not report it to the police.   I did not see the point.  I figured it was just part of doing business in the bulk world.

Lee