Leased machines?

vendy

Hello Vendy!

Welcome to the site. Yes the site is new but it should get rolling rather quickly. Visit often and ask any questions you may have.

Operators generally own their own machines. I am not aware of anyone who rents or leases. They are quite inexpensive which is what makes bulk vending so easy to enter. My suggestion is to check out eBay for some good used machines. There are usually some great deals to be had there.

Things to look for are an all metal, drop through coin mech, metal body, and wheel type. You will need a candy wheel to vend bulk type candy like M&M's and Runts. You will need a special wheel to vend gumballs. Just make sure the machine you are looking at is equipped with the right wheel for what you would like to vend.

Sams Club is also a great resource for new machines. They sell the Seaga single head machine for $46.44 shipped.

Check back here often as there will be a "Swap and Shop" section where vendors will have the opportunity to buy, sell and trade their equipment.

Thanks again for visiting!

Well, I would have to say if you are going with single head machines to stick with Gumballs.  Gumballs have the largest profit margin costing around 2 cents each.  For me they are usually the best seller as well.  Especially in pizza places, gumballs go like crazy.  I use Gumballs, M&M Peanuts, Runts, and Reeses.  I use M&M Peanuts in places like auto shops where people are hungry.  I like runts in restaurants because they don't fill you up.  I use double/triple head machines so I always have at least two options.

I would stick with double head machines personally.  They are my new favorite. 

Rob

http://candyman007.blogspot.com

i think my best sellers are peanut m&ms and runts. i recently had a customer request all banana runts, which i believe i can get at sam's or bj's, so i'll be switching over to that next time around for that one location. seems like everyones favorite in the runts is bananas, though, so i am hoping they'll do well. also gumballs do pretty good too, but i have some customers that specifically ask not to have gumballs. they are all hair salons though, go figure! i tried redhots once and they bombed, as did mike & ikes.

sugar mama ;)

thank you for the input. where do you get the candy? walmart? if so is there enough room for profit or do i need a wholesaler?

walmart wont leave you as much profit compared to getting your candy at say sam's club or bj's or from a whole sale club.

sugar mama ;)

• 4 months later...