U-turn using dishonest sales practices

onyxxtreme

Basically, I requested info from their website, and the sales lady called me up. I told her I was new to the game, and she apparently thought I was completely uneducated on the subject. So, assuming I did no research, she went on to tell me how 8-selection Uturn's average $12-$17/day, per machine. Then went on to tell me they have to best coin mechanisms on the market. I even asked if they had the "clutch type", and she said yes. She told me a few other things that ticked me off, but I already forgot em, it's been a month since the call.

Lastly, she told me it was ~$850 per machine......BUT if I acted now, I can get them for $550 each, If I buy a minimum of 5........what a crock of $h!t. I'll never buy a new machine from them lying @$^&$#@#$*& 's. If I ever do get one, it'll be used. Don't buy from these beeyotches.

• 3 weeks later...

What do you think about this offer?:huh:? I think is very expensive

350 U-Turn profit centers @ 185.00 total investment of  $64,750.00

One time licensing fee payable at time of order for  $29,900.00

This fee includes the following items:

You will have exclusivity for your entire country

Round trip for two people including airfare, and hotel accommodations to Idaho Falls, Idaho, USA 

Three days in-house training by U-Turns’ professional staff

An additional 20 free U-Turn profit centers

We will also fly to your country to train you and your sales staff

Total amount of Platinum Distributor Package: $94,650.00

I`LL TELL YOU WHAT GIVE ME 60K AND i`LL DO THE SAME THINGS FOR YOU EXCEPT GET YOU USED MACHINES INSTEAD OF BRAND NEW.even if you are buying the cheapest u-turns(the 4 selection) 185$ each is a great price for those machines.its the other 30k that is a total rip off.do you have  370 locations to place these machines?you know how hard that is to do??very!!

whats a licenseing fee anyways??don`t let those people at u-turn talk u into doing something foolish.buy used off ebay they are always for sale or try to spend only the 60k for machines and skip the other 30K if you are really determined

you will also need thousands of $$ to fill up these machines with product and for insurance.over 100k is a shitload of money to be spending all at once for candy machines.haveing all this money wraped up in a business you dont even know you will like isn`t adviceable.

Of course I am not going to buy as many machines and less pay 30k by the consulting.

Supposedly they give me exclusivity for colombia

They also offers:

Trial Distributor Package

100 U-Turn profit centers @ $269.00 total investment of $26,900

By the way, sorry if I made some mistakes, my english is not good enough

Publid........it's good that u are reaching out and asking for advice.  Are there bulk vending machines in your country? I would surely think there would be.  U Turn is saying they will NOT sell any machines in Columbia to anyone else?  Just you?  That is very hard to believe.

Exclusive rights is a great idea if you plan on reselling the machines and becoming a distributor, not a good idea as a bulk vender, as there are other machines that are better and worse then u-turns. "Platinum Distributor Package" Not worth the cost though.

I'm going to guess there are no manufactures of vending machines in your country, so I would suggest the best you can afford and u-turn is not the answer. Look at Beaver Machine Corp. They are world wide and seem to be the default best you can buy at an affordable cost. A distributor that sells beavers and ships worldwide is http://www.actionmatic.com (Mark Randall) They being in many countries may be able to help with product selection for your local too, as I'm not sure what works here would work there.

If you need help learning the bulk vending business, I'm sure if you offer to pay someones family vacation  expenses there, during, and back you may find a volunteer on the forum. Also read the past posts and decide for yourself if multi head machines are the best way to go or not, there is a push for single heads that has a very compelling argument from a profit/product point of view.

Grumpy

PubliDispensadores wrote:

What do you think about this offer?:huh:? I think is very expensive

350 U-Turn profit centers @ 185.00 total investment of  $64,750.00

One time licensing fee payable at time of order for  $29,900.00

This fee includes the following items:

You will have exclusivity for your entire country

Round trip for two people including airfare, and hotel accommodations to Idaho Falls, Idaho, USA 

Three days in-house training by U-Turns’ professional staff

An additional 20 free U-Turn profit centers

We will also fly to your country to train you and your sales staff

Total amount of Platinum Distributor Package: $94,650.00

Currently, there are only two distributors or bulk machines. One is Beaver and another is A&A.

I am buying Beaver Triton. The machines are selling very well (over 300usd per month).  I starting to know this business, helped for this kind of forums

Additionally, I am placing advertisements above machines, which are located in shopping malls.

I wanted to go to NBVA in April, but I think that will be in 2009.

But for now definitely I do not think negotiate with U turn, although They offer me exclusivity.

To clarify the "exclusivity".... that means they agree to not directly sell other Uturns into Columbia. This is a safe offer for them as they have few other opportunities to sell there, especially at the volume necessary to generate over $30K in profit. This doesn't prevent others buying used ones from EBay and bringing them in. Also, dozens of other type bulk machines can be brought in as competition.  In fact, I'm aware of another company that has sold bulk machines into Columbia on several occasions with Quatzel (sp?) mechs.