1 month Newbie

gemstate

Hi,

I am a newbie to vending however I am doing a lot of research about this stuff. This forum is a great tool for me. I have 26 bulk machines out now with another 24 to place. I used a locator the first time around and all I can say is be careful using a locator. Use this forum to find out who is good and who is not. I didn't know about this forum when I was looking. Now I know. My wife and I are looking forward to this business as a supplementall income during our retirement. Little bit of extra money and something to do. We really like the business so far except of course for the unscrupulous locators out there. Seems locators would want return business but I guess some just want to make a quick buck. Live and learn I guess. At any rate I intend to make full use of this forum and I appreciate all the topics.

Thanks, and look forward to a good year.

Welcome Gemstate!

Sorry to hear about your locator experience. There are some good ones out there. Please check the review section for reviews from other members. I think the two top rated locators on the board right now are First Choice and Affirmative. I have not used Affirmative however I have gotten many good locations from First Choice and I recommend them whole heartedly.

Good luck with your venture!

Steve

Seems like in this business (as in most)  you have to stumble a little before you can run.  When I frist started out, I had no idea what I was doing.  Luckily I didn't have much money to start out with so I did not get into a biz op deal.  But I sure made my fair share of mistakes before I got my business plan working.  I too never heard of these kind of boards when I first started.  Wish I had.  Lots of experience on here and they give great advice.  Welcome to the board

Tee

Hi,

I am a newbie to vending however I am doing a lot of research about this stuff. This forum is a great tool for me. I have 26 bulk machines out now with another 24 to place. I used a locator the first time around and all I can say is be careful using a locator. Use this forum to find out who is good and who is not. I didn't know about this forum when I was looking. Now I know. My wife and I are looking forward to this business as a supplementall income during our retirement. Little bit of extra money and something to do. We really like the business so far except of course for the unscrupulous locators out there. Seems locators would want return business but I guess some just want to make a quick buck. Live and learn I guess. At any rate I intend to make full use of this forum and I appreciate all the topics.

Thanks, and look forward to a good year.

You can aleviate the problem of unscrupulous locators by locating the machines yourself.  You should prolly get used to doing it because it is the life-blood of the business.

Welcome to Vendiscuss. Sounds like you are off to a great start. Glad you were able to get some locations on your own. This is the best forum out there!!!!

I can tell you that there are a good group of people here and you can get tons of good info. and get a lot of objective opinions from across the whole spectrum here.

Best wishes on your business venture!

David

Yes. I think I'm doing ok for now. I definitely know there are a good bunch of people on this forum. Very informative and willing to help. I appreciate all of you for that. In time, hopefully I can utter a few words of wisdom myelf. Just a matter of time.

Thanks,

Don