Newbie From South Wales, Britain

gr88products

Hi Guys

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. My names Gareth, im from a small village called Tonyrefail in South Wales in sunny Britain, Lol. Im fairly new to bulk vending, been involved about three months, have ten u-turn machines and am loving it at the moment. Also wanted to say what a great site this is and am looking forward to hearing from new and experienced vendors.

Hi There

Vending doesnt seem that big here in South Wales, there are machines about, but i dont think its as popular as in the States. Im not too sure how popular it is in London, so cant really comment about it there. There are a lot of companies over here offering franchise's but you have to purchase a minimum of ten machines, ten sites, etc and this costs around 3000 gb pounds. Most people seem to buy individual machines from ebay. I dont think machines in general are that expensive, i only paid 40 gb pounds each for my u-turn eliminators which is a cracking price and they are all brand new. Didnt buy them from a manufacturer or distributor though. Just found a good deal on ebay.

Hi

Sorry for the delay in writing back but ive been snowed under with work. Yes the machines are located in various childrens activity play centres. I managed to locate the machines myself, as there are no locators in South Wales that i know of. I dont offer the locations commision but i inform the owner that fifteen percent of the profits will go to Cancer Research Wales. This seems to work as its such a fantastic charity. I always vend jelly beans, as they are so cheap to buy. I can get a three hundred percent return on these. I also vend skittles, chocolate mini eggs and chocolate raisens. The chocolate mini eggs are definately the best seller out of my machines but these have the lowest profit margins, but they do get people spending which is what its all about. I keep the choices to these four at the moment as i find it easier when purchasing stock. The machines have 20 pence coin mechanisms and fifty pence mechs, but i have installed all my machines with the 20p mechs as this is best for the locations the machines are in. Thanks for your questions, i would be interested in hearing what you guys vend in bulk machines?

I started vending with a uturn 4 select,and after a while I started buying more machines of various types and placeing them. 1800 machines are my candy machines of choice.I still have most of my candy locations,but I am more into toy capsule vending now.

I sell a few types of candy,depending on the location it varys. my top sellers are:reeses pieces,peanut mm skittles and mike and ikes.have you ever considered buying a gumball wheel for your uturns and selling those out of them?with the same wheel you could sell bouncy balls and 1 inch toys too.

Hi

Ive got a gumball wheel or as we say over here a chewing gum wheel that came with a load of spare parts with the machines. The locations have asked me not to place chewing gum in the machines because they are afraid it will end up being stuck in their carpet, which is fair enough. Its good to know though that i can vend toy capsules with it, so thanks for letting me know. I may try toy capsules and see how they do. Do you feel toys sell far better than sweets (candy). What did you think of your u-turn machine? I have a mixture of u-turn 4 head selection and u-turn eliminator 8 head selection. They seem to be ok, but the coin mechanism is made of plastic so no doubt they will wear and cause problems in the future.

i HAD 7-8 uturn 8 selects and sold all but 2.one I keep in my pizza shop,and the other is in a location that has no room and this type of machine is perfect for there.I dont like the fact that it takes longer then most machines to service.it is hard to find 8 items that will sell well and a location that will pump that much money in it before anything spoils.obviously they can be filled less to avoid that but I would rather have my favorite machine selling candy that is easier and faster to service.I like the 4 selects better.

the plastic mechs have been an issue for me only a couple of times.the newest style is much improved but still not a metal mech,which in case you didnt know is available for uturns.

some parents may not like the idea that thier child is eating candy,so they might buy the child a toy instead. toys come in collectable series from 6-to 32 or even more,because of this toys could outsell candy because they will try to get them all and keep buying till they do.I am not sure where you could buy toys from,but a good distributor on the east coast USA is A and A global.I am not sure if they ship international but I bet they would.

Yeah i couldnt agree more with you about the 8 select heads. They do take some filling and like you said, if there,s not enough customers, then you do get a bit of spoil. Im seriously considering vending toys now but will have to see if there are any decent suppliers locally. Do you make much profit per vend on toys? Thanks for letting me know about the metal coin mechs, i thought they would be available but i havent seen any on the net. I did see metal versions once on ebay but they were set up for cents, not english money. I will definately keep me eye out for them now.

Yeah ive been a few times. I watched Lewis Hamilton win there about two years ago in the rain, brilliant day out. Ive actually rode on silverstone race track too. My girlfriend bought me the silverstone race experience for christmas last year. I drove four laps in a lotus exige and then drove four laps in a ferrari 360 spider. Awesome experience, i would recommend it to anyone. It is a bit expensive, costs about 300 gb pounds but well worth it. I wouldnt mind doing it again but silverstone is about a four hour drive from where i live so probably wait until she buys it for me again one christmas. I take it your a F1 Fan?