What machine would you place in this shop?

dsimms

As you know, eddie got me this location. It is a coffee shop, according to eddie, the

shop does 1m+/year...what type of machine would you place there? of course the

only thing I have at the moment is VS, so I place one of the new machines there,

I guess it will do for the time being...

Even though there is candy in the machine, do you think peanuts would

sell in a upperscale shop? I am thinking about asking him if he would like

peanuts in another when I service the machine next month...

what do you guys think...

I think you should do the following:

1) Ask the shop what type of candy they want. This is the best thing you can do as the locations that request a certain type of candy (for me at least) do well.

2) Verify there are no other machines there. Even if Eddie says there aren't, it doesn't mean anything. Not a knock against Eddie - the person he spoke to might have given incorrect info. Anyway, if there are other machines there, make sure you don't duplicate candy.

3) I would advise against nuts or peanuts anywhere. There are a lot of issues with them. This has actually been discussed a lot on this forum.

4) PMMs and RP usually do well everywhere.

5) If they will allow gum, try to vend chicklets (chickle tabs).

Kevin

I think you should do the following:

1) Ask the shop what type of candy they want. This is the best thing you can do as the locations that request a certain type of candy (for me at least) do well.

2) Verify there are no other machines there. Even if Eddie says there aren't, it doesn't mean anything. Not a knock against Eddie - the person he spoke to might have given incorrect info. Anyway, if there are other machines there, make sure you don't duplicate candy.

3) I would advise against nuts or peanuts anywhere. There are a lot of issues with them. This has actually been discussed a lot on this forum.

4) PMMs and RP usually do well everywhere.

5) If they will allow gum, try to vend chicklets (chickle tabs).

Kevin

#1 - The owners were not there when I dropped it off. I told them if they

want anything else, or have any concerns, then to give me a call. eddie told

me he talked to both owners, and they agreed to have it, but they left shortly

before I got there, so far I have not rec'd any unwanted calls.

#2 That is the first thing I look for when I walk in. not a single

machine in sight...I asked them where they would like it, and if

there was a problem, then have the owner call

I found it very funny that there were not other machines. There is another

coffee shop (same name) a few miles away. I went into their shop, and

they had 2-3 machines...how did they miss this shop? good for me...

That reminds me, there is a dup at another location. she did request

cashews, and I told here that I would bring some, so I will take

out the PMM since they already have a single head, and replace with cashews, so

should i not place the cashews?

other then that, so far, so good...

wait a min :) I think you missed the question...

Do you think VS would be ok, or look for

a better looking machine for the location?

Yeah, I was answering the peanuts Q. As for the machine, I've made my thoughts pretty clear. I use mostly Vendstars and love them. But if it is a "nice" area I use an XYZ machine.

for the location, the machine should not be abused at all.

it should hold up very well for some time, or as long as it is there,

and hopefully a long time.

Nice to see another person who likes vendstars, the big majority of by triple head business is built with vendstars and I have no issues with them and they actually like them quite a bit, of course besides the chutes... 

Not the abuse thing...I think they hold up well (other than the chutes). It is for the looks. They do look out of place in a nice location :(

I was thinking about a NW triple. someone has one forsale in my area for $125

I did the nicer looking machine test about a year ago at my Pet Store location. There was a crappy triple and double in there. I placed my two times nicer looking NAV Double and vended PMMs and Skittles, which were being vended from the other machines. I pulled $4.25 the first month and $3.75 the next. I changed out the products with M&I and Chicle gum, which was not being vended. I now pull $40 a month on a regular basis.

My point is, the product sells...not the machine. As long as you maintain the looks of it and keep it clean, it dosen't matter what machine you have there. I have yet to hear someone say, I'm not buying anything from that machine because I don't like the looks of it.  ;)

I did the nicer looking machine test about a year ago at my Pet Store location. There was a crappy triple and double in there. I placed my two times nicer looking NAV Double and vended PMMs and Skittles, which were being vended from the other machines. I pulled $4.25 the first month and $3.75 the next. I changed out the products with M&I and Chicle gum, which was not being vended. I now pull $40 a month on a regular basis.

My point is, the product sells...not the machine. As long as you maintain the looks of it and keep it clean, it dosen't matter what machine you have there. I have yet to hear someone say, I'm not buying anything from that machine because I don't like the looks of it.  ;)

I guess it see no reason to change then. its not that they will not buy because of the

machine, I guess it is an image thing.  Do you place some cheap plastic vendstar, or

something more professional that goes where you are...sorta like that post i read about

this vendor getting a used machine for a new food joint..well the owner wanted

NEW, too him it was an image, he did not want some used machine for his new building, so

therefore the owner rejects the used machine...

For an upscale look, I really like the Oak Acorns. You don't have to spend the big bucks on the glass globe. Get a small plastic globe. I'm not sure of all the colors Oak offers since I only have wanted red. They do have a chic looking black available. Oak's are a lot less expensive than what you might think.  You can put together a very nice looking set-up for just a little more than the $125 you would spend on that used NW Triple Play. You'd also offer yourself more flexibility. 

For an upscale look, I really like the Oak Acorns. You don't have to spend the big bucks on the glass globe. Get a small plastic globe. I'm not sure of all the colors Oak offers since I only have wanted red. They do have a chic looking black available. Oak's are a lot less expensive than what you might think.  You can put together a very nice looking set-up for just a little more than the $125 you would spend on that used NW Triple Play. You'd also offer yourself more flexibility. 

I guess that is something to look into :)

My total for the Doubles came to $136 for the doubles. Oak produces single head machines and towers. They don't have triples. The Oak Vista 300's I just bought were only $41 ea. I bought the NW Tempo Stand from Sam's (only for singles and doubles), and DBL bracket from Quill (I needed to get to $45 for free shipping), but they are slightly less expensive at Sam's.

I'm not 100% sure of the cost for the Oak Acorns. I know they charge an arm and a leg for the glass globe, but once you start getting to the plastic globes, the cost is comparable to a Vista. There is a nice review of the Oak Acorn in the Review section.