very wierd

rookie514

Ive been getting complaints from a very large account of mine I have a DN5000  that i bought used but in very good condition.  the complaint is that every 50 or so vends it just eats the money.  then the machine will work again after.  sometimes the buttons dont respond either.  nothing has ever happened when i was there.  i felt at first that clients were lying but after speaking to a buddy of mine over there it is def true.  what could this be.  I replaced the validator as soon as i got the machine to a mars vn2502.

Is the validator set up to except all new $1 & $5 bills. You should try a couple of old and new bills to see if it is just taking the bills and keeping them. If you have other machines with the same validators, I would switch them around and see if the other account has the same issues. The keys not working is strange. Do the keys not work at the same time the bills are not excepted? The key problem may just need to be replaced with another key pad. They are easy to change, just a lot of screws to remove and put back.

If the validator is not excepting new bills you can just go to the manufactures website and download a scan card that updates the validator for new bills.

Gary

I would not have thought about the new bills causing this, but that is a good thing to check.

I'd also try using a good surge protector and see if that eliminates the problem.

I know the 5800 has problems if there isn't a filter on the wire leading to the display harness. Not sure if that applies to the 5000 or not.

Also, some machines react very unpredictably if any of the lights are flickering at all.

One last thing I'd check is ALL the connections to the board (while the machine is unplugged!) Make sure everything is seated properly/fully.

Scott

P.S. Every machine I've ever seen will have issues/mis-vends at some point. Yours is about double what I'd be willing to accept (anything less than 1% is very reasonable IMHO.)