FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

davidsurvz

Hey Guys!

Me and my 5 year old son dropped off our first official gumball machine today! Countertop Seaga machine with Dubble Bubble gumballs.

Woo- Hoo!!!!

David

Nice work, David.  Do you have an idea of how fast you want to grow?

As far as how fast I want to grow. Not sure. We have 9 more machines to place (4 1800's, 4 Seaga millenias with stands and 1 Amerivend globe on a stand.) The goal is to get them out by the end of the year. After that we will see what the route does. The ultimate dream would be to have the route built up enough to make our house payment every month. We'll see. The main idea of this is to start teaching the kids about business and handling money, etc.

We pretty much just sold a bunch of stuff sitting around the house on Ebay and turned that into investment capital for our business. That way it isn't really costing us "out of pocket" and it gives us a side income and the opportunity to run a business as a family. So we are just going to start here and see where things end up. At this point I don't think I want to do this full time. I love my current career path I am working with high end electronic security systems for large commercial accounts. I really love my job. So I think we will continue to build it up as much as we can until it gets to a maximum that we can handle relatively easily maybe 35 to 40 machines tops. But you never know..........................

David

Woo - Hoo!!! One more on location!!! It is in a mall in a restaurant. It is actually outside of the Cafe in the area they lease in the food court. Obviously I asked if I could bolt it down. She said the mall management wouldn't approve it so I am tryng to come with an Idea on how to secure it. (Wheels are turning, I have a couple of ideas.......... Any suggestions?)

So, we dropped off the machine last night after I got home from work and we went to the Christmas tree lighting ceremony and fireworks in downtown Concord. It wa great and my kids loved it. The deal was that after the ceremony / fireworks we were going to get some ice cream at the ice cream shop around the corner. So, we walked around the corner and down te next street which is where another location we got from Ethical is. ( We figured we'd walk around after the ice cream and find the store..... 21 Union street is the name of the store.) While we're in the ice cream shop having some ice cream I look at the store connected to the ice cream shop and the thought pops in my head that might be a good spot for a machine. I looked up and what does the sign say...................

You guessed it 21 Union st... I told my wife and she went in and talked to the owner who she spoke with about placing the machine there next week. She is usually there during the daytime. She walked up with my wife and met our family. My wife will bring a machine by next week.

I have two locations to go today 1 yes and 1 maybe.

Look out Ronnie Talent I'm coming to Charlotte next!!!  :D

It has taken us a long time to get this started but I am really getting excited about this. My kids love it too.

David

I feel that success through enthusiasm gives you a natural high.  While you're still in this euphoric state, go hit some more locations.

You may end up needing more machines...(god sometimes this site feels more like a 12 step support group....)

I luv it!!  And I haven't placed a machine yet!!  I can see this being very addicting!  That's fine with mebrothas and sistas! Farmer John..........are you a friend of Bill W.??  I am.

I luv it!!  And I haven't placed a machine yet!!  I can see this being very addicting!  That's fine with mebrothas and sistas! Farmer John..........are you a friend of Bill W.??  I am.

I"m sorry, but I do not know that reference.  Though if he's an upright guy...

I"m sorry, but I do not know that reference.  Though if he's an upright guy...
Very upright guy...I got the reference T bird Johnny and I am too.

Jimbo

Hey Guys,

I only got one machine located today. I couldn't make it down to the maybe location before they closed. I hope to get there this week. We'll see. We now have 3 machines out. Only 7 more to go. We have1 more yes and 2 maybe locations. We got one "maybe" from Ethical locating and the other "maybe" I got when I was doing a service call on an alarm system. I am anxious to get them all out now. I have to say that the locations that we got through Ethical have been very receptive and friendly. Robert has done a good job on getting us lined up. (I will post some info. in the review area)

I told my wife that I feel like I sent two kids off to college this week. I'm so used to having the machines in the house. :D:D

Anyway, we are now officially on our way to building up our route. (This whole thing started for us back in July. Well at least as far as getting a route going.) So again I say......

FINALLY!!!:)

David

• 4 weeks later...

We are approaching a major milestone for Hallenbeck Family Vending:

We have 8 machines out, we just ordered 2 DI machines today and we also got 2 more locations from first choice today. That will give us our goal of 10 machines out before the end of the year and we will also have the 2 DI machines out hopefully very soon. That will give us 12 machines total out on location. I am hoping that we will be able to generate enough revenue from the route to start purchasing more machines.

Thanks to Steve and everyone else for all of the encouragement, feedback and information, Steve thank you very much for all of your help. This forum has been a huge part of getting us to this point. I don't know what the revenue will look like because we just got our machines out over the last several weeks and we still have some more to go. I will keep you informed on our progress.

Once again, THANKS TO ALL !!!! :D

• 3 months later...

Well now that our legal messes are cleaned up. We will be getting back on track to our goal of 20 to 40 machines for our route. We had some issues getting a couple of locations sorted out recently but we are getting back on track. our next milestone will be the 20 machine mark. We will finally be getting our DI machines out this week. (We just picked up some locations from Kick-Start) My next project is getting some replacement coin mechs and gumball wheels that fit GMW /  Millenia or SSF style machines. I think I have a good game plan figured out for the next 4 to 6 weeks but I have to sort out a few details. Our target is getting up to 20 machines within the next 6 weeks or so.

Wish us well....:)

(And thanks for all the support from everyone over the last few months)

David,

Wow! my friend. You really increased your goals for this year. I am really glad you have those issues behind you. It sounds like you have your mind set on some major goals in the next few months. Please let us know how you are doing. We are very happy for you.

Gary