How many of you do amusements on this blog?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was finally able to speak to a friend of mine here on Long Island about his business.  He only does amusement, video, crane, and and some other stuff.  No snack or bulk.

He has had an INCREDIBLE career.  At one time he had over 800 locations in NYC!That ranked him as #2 in NYC.  Amazing huh? When I asked him about locators?  I had to laugh cause he said that he uses the NYC sanitation department ( friends he has there ) to look out for him and locate at new spots!

He has an absolutely gorgeous home.

• 1 month later...

Oh I do remember those.  A real pain in the golpher.  I used to hate if the plexi didn't line up right.  Actually my partner designed many of the features of the newer United cranes.  Much easier to work with.  So I assume that you have the older bridge also.  The only problem with running the older cranes is getting parts for when they break down.  The new treasure chests have been great.  As of right now we have 17 out on route.  Our arcade has 34 Jumbo's which we are trying to place.  Hopefully they will be placed within the next month or so.

Zeke

Neat. I have 1 used, I hate it, but it makes money. One bad thing is not much playfield, I hate that, and it sits low to the ground, I am 6 feet tall, and I tower 2 feet above it. It is big, and bulky, cash box sticks out, hate that. And 4 brand new ones.

The new ones are great, but there graphics suck bad. The fade, and I hate that. I like the joystick console by itself, and not connected to the cash box. Love the new way to set the claw strength, 2 tensions. Only 1 thing, they need to have a separate door to take coins out!

Kyle 

Your right about the graphics they do tend to fade.  I like that the coin and cash are in the same place.  I have a few locations that are in some shakey neiborhoods, so I don't mind where the coin box is.  I just check the meter # grab bills out of the stacker , dump coin into bag then go by the meter number to pay the location their percentage. 

We do have 3 winner circles.  But we shut the circle off.  Your better off running standard singles or jumbo's.  The crane doesn't make the money. Its the merchandise inside that will draw play.  Try putting an ipod in one of your cranes.  Your cash box willl be full.

Zeke

Oh I do remember those.  A real pain in the golpher.  I used to hate if the plexi didn't line up right.  Actually my partner designed many of the features of the newer United cranes.  Much easier to work with.  So I assume that you have the older bridge also.  The only problem with running the older cranes is getting parts for when they break down.  The new treasure chests have been great.  As of right now we have 17 out on route.  Our arcade has 34 Jumbo's which we are trying to place.  Hopefully they will be placed within the next month or so.

Zeke

Hey Zeke,

Since you have some experience with cranes, what is your opinion of Coast To Coast Toy Taxi or Hot Stuff? or cranes in general for someone starting to run them?

Jimbo

Hey Jimbo.  To me it's not about the crane.  It's about the merchandise inside.  Gone are the days of flashing cranes with stuffed animals, unless  you are forced to by law(play to win cranes).  I really have no opinion on the other manufacturers since I have never used them.  As I stated before I used to work for United when it was called Classic back in the day.  I used to run routes in Maryland, Newjersey, and the Bronx NY.  I have always used United.  I'm sure that they don't have the best rep in the industry but I am very familiar with their product.  I have heard good things about  the other cranes you mentioned. If you ever decide to get into the crane business and use those cranes please report how they are.  My partner and I are going to a trade show in Orlando where I'm sure it will be filled with crane manufacturer's so hopefully I will be able to see first hand what other company's are offering.  We get back on the 15th.  I will let you know what I find out. 

Boy, I am long winded.  sorry.

Zeke

ps  cranes can be a very profitable business if they are run properly. Service is still the best way to make money with them.  Also make sure that they payout.  Nobody will play your cranes if they don't win.  Also I like to put higher end goods into our cranes.  I only have one crane out that has exclusivley stuffed animals.  Due to the locations lack of security.(it has been broken into 2 times)

mp3 players, ipods, authentic sports team jerseys, watches...like I said higher end goods.  We also mix in top of the line plush.  Spider man, shrek, disney items.  You just have to look what is hot and spend a little money. It will make you money in the long run.

Zeke

• 1 year later...