What are you all doing for Skittles

Donnyboy8

You know, I don't think they know how HARD it is on us to discontinue a product. It turns our world up-side down. It just makes me mad. I mean look at use, scrambling to find skittles. It is just a shame. Can't trust candy companies for nothing.

Its not the candy company its Sams, I pull from them every week and I am consitantly shorted on product.

Jimbo

Once again,

Try Wal Mart. They are often cheaper than Sams and Costco. (Smaller pkgs. but still bulk and PPO is good almost certainly cheaper than buying from somewhere and paying shipping.)

As I mentioned in another thread if you are in a pinch................. (Get your candy at Wal Mart)

It was cheaper for me to buy PMM's from Wal Mart when I had my small route years ago than Costco. The Skittles we have for our machines we bought at Wal Mart (great price.)

David

Once again,

Try Wal Mart. They are often cheaper than Sams and Costco. (Smaller pkgs. but still bulk and PPO is good almost certainly cheaper than buying from somewhere and paying shipping.)

As I mentioned in another thread if you are in a pinch................. (Get your candy at Wal Mart)

It was cheaper for me to buy PMM's from Wal Mart when I had my small route years ago than Costco. The Skittles we have for our machines we bought at Wal Mart (great price.)

David

Can you buy case qtys. from them?

Jimbo

When we started a year ago, I contacted the store manager at the Sam's I planned on using. He assured me he would have his buyer watch the items I was purchasing and adjust inventories to have product on hand. I fax an order every other week and seldom have a shortage. They also load my order on a pallet so I can get in and out fast.

They were out of Skittles for a month, but according to my contact, there was a packaging problem at the manufacturer. My order for 72 bags was filled completely on 11/14.

I am curious to check the Walmart pricing and availability though.

All:

I have just returned from Sam's and they had what appeared to be an "overstock" of skittles. They literally had pallets of them stacked to the ceiling on those metal racks. I didn't inquire about them but it really appeared that there were way more than what was supposed to be there.

Steve