Restaurant

davidsurvz

I use all my triples in breakrooms that employ alot of people and have good success with them.  Restaurants, ( my opinion) don't really justify having a triple head.  But that's just me.  However, if triples were all I had, I would probably go with  frostbite chicles, ( for breath fresheners), pmm or reeses, and a fruity candy like m&I or runts.

I have had luck with the dentyne Ice machine in restaurants.  This markets to the folks who want to freshen up after a meal, but it is a single head.

I just purchased more machines used, ( haven't got them yet) and am planning on using them in restaurants as well.  My staple for these areas will probably be frostbite chicles and gumballs.  ( one for the adults, and one for the kids)

Hi David,

I have a couple of resturants and I have triple-head machines. I tried Refresh gum and peppermints along with Gum Balls for the kids. The Refresh and peppermints didn't do very well and are kind of expensive. I changed the two locations to peanut M&M's and Reese's Pieces and they are both doing great. If you are going to be in a mall, (which is great!) I would invest in a triple 'J' stand, ($69) and put 6 heads in one location. The base will not take up any more room on the floor and you could add 1" capsule toys to the top 3 and candy to the bottom 3 machines. A mall area will do the business once the customers see the machines are there.

Good luck and please let everyone know how it is going.

Great placement!

You will find the 'J' stand at:

http://www.gumball-machines.com

Gary

http://www.westcoast-vend.com

Thanks for the info guys. Our initial trial will be to set up a triple, see how it goes and if we need to we can drop down to a single. I spoke to the manager and I will be dropping it off Fri. evening. I got the location through Ethical locators. I am not sure how exposed the machine will be to the mall side of the cafe but it would be great if it can get mall traffic too.

I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Thanks again for all the input.

David

This looks like it will be a hot location. I think I will bolt the stand to a decorative style stepping stone that matches the decor of the restaraunt / mall. I am also thinking of reinforcing the base and stand where it is connected (top and bottom) and filling the pipe portion of the stand with something heavy that way if it does walk off it at least won't happen to easily. I may even go with the double stack from 1800 if the location does really well. We'll have to wait and see.

David

I have a location in a coffee shop.  I started out with a double head with gumballs and pmm.  It did so good that i went to a four head rack.  I added 1.1" caps and hot tamales.  That did real well, I added to the rack a 2" cap machine, 2 col sticker/tatt machine.  The coffee shop is not huge by any means, but there are plenty of quarters in the machines at the end of every monthly route.

Tee

This looks like it will be a hot location. I think I will bolt the stand to a decorative style stepping stone that matches the decor of the restaraunt / mall. I am also thinking of reinforcing the base and stand where it is connected (top and bottom) and filling the pipe portion of the stand with something heavy that way if it does walk off it at least won't happen to easily. I may even go with the double stack from 1800 if the location does really well. We'll have to wait and see.

David

Here's an idea.  Take a decorative planter, place the pipe in the middle, fill it with concrete.  get some fake ground cover fluff to cover the concrete.

It'll be hard for it to grow legs.  It can look pretty good too.