servicing charity machines?

akashdesai

When you service your charity machines, do you wear clothing (if available) from the charity your representing?  How do you respond if one were to ask (at any point) if you are working for the charity?

The charity I'm going to be representing is giving me merchandise (bunch of tshirts, pens, stickers, etc) for putting them on all my machines.

If you don't mind, what charity are you with? I'm in the process of choosing a charity. Child Search Alert is $1.00 a month per machine which is the going rate,  but they charge you $10.95 for shipping. That seems crazy to me. I have 16 machines placed (actually 15 one is MIA currently) and am starting to place 18 other machines. It's $5.50 per additional order, but that's still a lot as I'm going to be steadily adding machines. For those rates, it just seems like I should order 34 and get off my couch and start placing.

I'm in the process of making my own badge but Child Search Alert actually will make you one with a passport photo. I don't see how it can hurt. As long as you're not misrepresenting yourself.

Best wishes, Gypsy

If you don't mind, what charity are you with? I'm in the process of choosing a charity. Child Search Alert is $1.00 a month per machine which is the going rate,  but they charge you $10.95 for shipping. That seems crazy to me. I have 16 machines placed (actually 15 one is MIA currently) and am starting to place 18 other machines. It's $5.50 per additional order, but that's still a lot as I'm going to be steadily adding machines. For those rates, it just seems like I should order 34 and get off my couch and start placing.

I'm in the process of making my own badge but Child Search Alert actually will make you one with a passport photo. I don't see how it can hurt. As long as you're not misrepresenting yourself.

Best wishes, Gypsy

I'm actually sponsoring a local organization outside of Chicago that in turn benefits the ACS.  They are giving me a bunch of these tshirts and such as hand outs, but I figure I can show my support by wearing the shirt too.  I just don't want to have any misinterpretations...

I have ordered a shirt with my company name embroidered to match the font on my business cards from a local company. I am also going to hit them up for a placement when I go to pick it up as the person I needed to talk to was out of the office that day.