Dentyne Ice

Vendingguy

Well, so far all I can say about the DI machines is that I am very impressed with the marketing, branding I think these will be a big success for a while. I think the machines look great in the pictures I have seen and I am looking forward to getting my machines this week. I will post more when they arrive and I can experiment with them a little.

David

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beer980:

Your machine and DI gum shipped yesterday - hopefully UPS will have it to your door by Friday. 

If you notice my Avatar, that is a DI and Certs double on our stand. This would also work on another stand if you prefer.

Steve,  spvg

While servicing 3 Dentyne Ice machines on Saturday I noticed 2 of the bases were very loose and in need of tightening. I am not sure why since they have only been out there 30 days.  Maybe folks were playing with them or something.

I had this happen to me too with a one of mine. I thought maybe I just didnt tighten it enough when i assembled it but then i tightened it as mich as possible when i collected but went back next time and it was a little wobbly again.

had

While servicing 3 Dentyne Ice machines on Saturday I noticed 2 of the bases were very loose and in need of tightening. I am not sure why since they have only been out there 30 days.  Maybe folks were playing with them or something.

• 3 months later...

Antonio is correct. The more the weight the more pressure on the product at the bottom. With too much weight, gum pellets can be forced through the springs in the housing, dropping a third piece along with the two in the wheel. 

Steve, spvg

• 2 weeks later...

JUST PURCHASED A COUPLE OF THE DENTYNE ICE MACHINES AND THEY LOOK NICE AND FOR THE MOST PART THEY WORK WELL HOWEVER OCCASIONALLY ONLY ONE PIECE OF GUM IS DISPENSED ALSO I HAVE HAD TO TAP ON THE TOP OF THE MACHINE FOR THE GUM TO FINISH FALLING ANYONE ELSE HAVING LIKE PROBLEMS

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I received my first DI machine yesterday and thought I would comment on my first impression of it.

First off I would like to commend Steve for his great communication with me. He answered my questions and helped me out.

Shipping was incredible. This was the last machine I oredered and it was the first to arrive here!

When I opened the box, I was a little disappointed. The boxes inside were marked "china" I thought that they were made here.

I am impressed with the paint job of the unit. Clean bright "pretty".

The instructions were simple. One page, plus a page of pictures to help.

The coin mech was smooth and operated fine.

The chute cover is a clear plastic. I had not noticed that in the picture. I think I like that. I hope it holds up to abuse from people.

I have not tried the vending yet because the product, if I am not mistaken, is considered fresh for 6 months after you open the bag and so I wanted to wait until I have it located, then I will test that part out. From what I have read, I can expect 1 to 3 to be vended and I don't see any way to adjust it.

That is a question I have. Do any of you that have the DI machine, put a label or whatever saying that it vends 1 to 3 pieces?

• 1 month later...
I have changed out the stands on 3 DI/Certs doubles in the past week.  I am just scared to death of having these machines on location with the stands that come with them if you order stands thru Superpro.  They are wobbly and the footprint of the base itself is way too small to be stable. To be quite honest, when I got back to my shop with the DI stands, I thought of selling them.  But instead I simply thre them in the garbage.  My conscience would not be comfortable selling these stands to someone the way they work.  I have about 5 more stands to go.  Live and learn gang.  At least I have some solace in knowing my last 3 DI and Certs placements are making good money. Stands or no stands. 

Jay,

Yes, SuperPro makes a countertop bracket for that purpose. Steve from SuperPro, polecat here on the forums, can give you more details.

You can see the various mounting options in the DI brochure HERE.

Steve 

I went to the web page and did not see the certs machine? they still making this?

Also did anyone figure out if you could add the wheel to some other machines?

The Dentyne machine is the same as the Certs machine.