Suggestions?

caserri

Welcome to the new VENDiscuss!

Please use this topic to suggest any changes you would like to see here. We will do are best to try and accomodate any reasonable request.

Thanks!

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

I have a suggestion. There are a lot of informative posts on this site and I think it would be a good idea to create a folder where new people can come and read them all together at once and possibly get alot of their questions answered right away.

Just a thought!

I guess what I am saying is that some posts are informative and should be stickies like the following two in my opinion. There are more out there too. As new posts are created you will have pages and pages of posts to read through when coming in new in order to get up to speed. If there was a folder where people who are new to vending could get their questions answered right away it would save them time thats all. I hope this helps explain it better.

http://vendiscuss.com/forums/forum1/2.html

http://vendiscuss.com/forums/forum1/53.html

Oh I see! Yes, something like that can be done. I am a little hesitant to start pinning too many topics to the top however, there is a way that we can segregate certain topics onto one page.

Let me suggest this, Any time you, or any other member, finds a post extra informative like those you cited, let me know. I can make it a "selected" topic. Once I mark it "Selected" it can easily be accessed by clicking the "Selected" tab at the top of the page. See example...

http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/images/selected.bmp

When a member clicks the "Selected" tab, any topics that are marked "selected" will be presented. 

This is a great suggestion Kevin and I will be happy to implement it. I need everyones input as to what topics should be there. Maybe we can even think of a new name instead of "selected" to give new members a better idea of whats there.

I have added the two topics you mentioned. Let me know what you think.

Steve

I'd just like to thank member davidsurvz for suggesting a better way to private message another member. From this suggestion I have added the capability for each of you to PM each other directly from a members post. I have added a "Send PM" button to each members posts. If you would like to PM any member from their post you may now do so.

Thanks David!

Steve

I have yet another suggestion. How about an interview section where a different vendor is interviewed each month or so. The Interview would cover the  backstory of how people got into vending, what pitfalls they succumbed to or avoided as the case may be and how they have grown their route to its current size are all interesting to new vendors. I can help work up a list of questions if you would like. Just an Idea. Let me know if you want my help with something like this.

Kevin,

Yes that is a great idea. Please do work up a standard list of questions. Once the first interview is ready I will form a category called "Vendor Interviews."

Thanks for another great idea.

Steve

• 3 months later...

Philo,

Not a dumb question at all. It is possible but there is quite a bit of code I would have to alter to accomplish this. When I put the site together originally, I had thought about adding chat but I thought it might seem redundant.  My main concern would be that it might cut down on the good informational posts to the board itself. Members might ask and get good answers to questions through chat that may go unseen by the rest of the group. On the other hand, it may also work to cut down on any non-informational, chit chat posts. I don't see any of this happening here right now though. I did add the Break Room as a means to counter the chit chat posting in the regular forums though so that seems to be working.

If other members feel this would be a valuable addition I will consider it. After all, It's you guys who make this forum what it is. I just try to package it all up and deliver it to you! :D

Steve

Steve......your points are well taken in terms of info perhaps not getting onto the boards because of chat.  On the other hand, chattin' with someone one on one could be valuable to folks. ( like me ).

• 2 months later...

I have a little suggestion, I was wondering if you could put a full or part time question in the profile area and show it when people post.

It would help me (and probably other) know more about the person vending and the info they post.

Just and Idea!!

Thanks, Brannon

• 7 months later...