Bingo!!

T BIRD

I feel like I am a true vendor now!  I placed my first four into location today.  Got them there all by myself broken rib and all! ( well....I did throw a kid 3 bucks to bring a NW double up 23 stairs.....LOL ).

And.......my locator is still working on 6 more Dentyne machine spots for me.  The supermarket break room should be very good, its next to a  soda machine.  The Meineke Muffler Shop was a great bunch of guys as I left them some quarters.  The bowling alley/Sports Bar must have had 20-30 machines. Tatoos, toys, cranes etc etc. The owner said his vendor will NOT be happy when he sees the Superpro.  The guy also said he didnt care and he would tell the vendor my machine is there just for the holidays to cool him off.  And The Tiki Bar was the best place of all of them.  The gal who co owns the place loves that I give to cancer.  They have me coming to the bar this Friday for a cancer fund raiser!  Its called " Drive for the Mustache ".  Everyone has to shave their mustache off!  My wife will KILL me.....lol.

Thats really great John, I know its been a long road for you and alot of research. Now you know that you can get good placements in a competitive market and you know what machines you want to run.

The only thing left now is to service/collect and multiply....

Best of luck!

Jimbo

Congrats John!

You think you are excited now? Just wait until you crack open that coin box on the first service! My first service on my first machine was roughly $3 and change. For 30 days! Despite the paltry sum I was indeed giddy. As I looked at those few quarters, I thought how each one represented a real customer. My customers! I finally felt that I was in business and I just had to grow from there.

Best of luck Johnny, I look forward to watching you grow!

Steve

Good job Tbird,

The island will never be the same. You sound like you are off to a great start. I wish I could find some locations like those. Not that I am not happy with the ones I have but, I want more!

Keep up the good work and please update all of us as you get them. I can feel your excitement like they where mine.

Your friend,

Gary

http://www.westcoast-vend.com

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone!  I appreciate it.  ALL you folks have been so helpful to me.  I am so so glad for this site Steve.  It's been a godsend for me. The info and feedback I get is priceless and I would have no other place to find these answers.

Yep just wait until you service it. I went back to where I placed my first machine on Monday to check on it. I had placed it in the middle of the week and told them I would come back to check it in 10 days. I only had enough candy to fill each canister half on the inital fill. I slid out the first drawer and it only had 3 quaters :X. Slid the middle out and wow, 22 of them :D. Last one had 6. So it looks like the Cat Eyes Gumballs was the most popular to start with. Not bad, $7.75 for 10 days and they are closed on Wednesdays. After the holiday break I am going to hit the company that did my shirt for a machine. It is a busy graphic shop that does most of the political signs in our city. The office manager was out of town until next Monday so I left a letter and business card with the sales girl. She seems to think they would go with it but put a note on the letter that I was also a customer also. You all might try to place one in your local shops with this being an election year they are quite busy.

Hey T-bird, you'll love the superpro's and the dentyne Ice machines.  Both costs a little more, but the quality of the superPro is second to none, and the dentyne Ice is a top notch seller. 

I've said it before, and I guess it might be worth repeating, but I have found really good success with my superpro's in breakrooms.  I haven't had experience anywhere else, but breakrooms are awsome.  I believe the dentyne Ice will be a big hit anywhere there's adults.......

Good luck, and keep us informed when you go servicing them......Which, I was only able to hold back 2 weeks before I started looking in mine.

Thanks guys.  I placed one more today. It's a Japanese restaurant.  It is a busy place.  Got a good location right by the entrance/exit. ( Dentyne ) We  had a language problem for sure but I made it through. I have another Dentyne machine going in a large insurance office on Friday.  I am also going to put a 2 head A&A setup in there.  I am ordering that on Monday. I know the owner. His staff is DYING for candy.

My locator is having a very difficult time telemarketing around my area.  She said folks cut her off before she can start explaining anything.  Welcome to " a New York state of mind ".  My wife and I are gonna strategize how to place the next batch ourselves.( 10-20 Dentyne and doubles).