something weird

gundog

Bought a dixie narco soda to refurb and put in a hair salon.  It is in pretty good shape...just gonna clean and wax it.  As far as mechanics everything seems to be right except it still tries to vend when it is out of product.  I pulled the face off in front of those switches and they all seem to be hooked up.  I was thinking someone disabled them at sometime. 

Where else should I check on the other end to see if they are disabled?  The sold out lamps are not on either- I just figured they were burnt out.

When the column is empty there is supposed to be a paddle that will pop up and activate the sold out switches. They are inside the column towards the from. If the springs are broken or disconnected the s/o lever will stay down not allowing the switch to operate properly.

If the paddles are in the sold out position, the sold out lamps are not on and the columns still vend it would more then likely be a switch problem. It is to circumstantial that the lamps and the sold out circuit are failing individually. There is a smaller cover above the motor cover that houses all the switches. You should start there, with the power off, take off the cover and check out the switches.

• 2 weeks later...

do any of the sold out switch/lights work at all?  it would be helpful if you removed enough soda from all the flavors and tested one by one.  if you find that any of them work, you now know you have a good sold-out switch.  you can then, with a screwdriver, remove that switch and interchange it in the other flavors.  keep testing till you know how many new switches you need.  IT is possible that the bad switches are gummed up.  try cleaning with Electra clean or alcohol but in most cases they just need to be replaced.  by the time you're done, you'll have a better idea of how the switches work.  take notice of how the wires are plugged in too before you start to mess around.  I once thought I had a bad switch but it turned out that it wasn't plugged in properly.

A multi meter can also be used to test the switches.

hopefully, bad switches and lights are the extent of your problem.  using your machine's information you can order more spare parts.