Update on Pepsi Project

Just a brief update on the Pepsi project.  We are working with several vendors in a couple of areas (some of them are members here).

Situation One:  On accounts that want a machine with a Pepsi/Coke product mix and snack set ups we are handing those over to our partners with reduced locating fees.  They visit the location and determine if the account is worthwhile for installation. If they want it they pay us.

Situation Two:  On accounts wanting a Pepsi only machine with a snack, we are handing those over to our partners for all other machines.  If the sales are strong enough we may place snacks, coffee and food machines.   If the account is large enough our partner can also install a independent drink machine alongside our Pepsi as long as it is a can machine without any Pepsi products.

Situation Three:   We place a Pepsi only machine.  These tend to be warehouses, automotive type accounts, blue collar mfg with 25 to 40 employees and other blue collar types.  We have had some success with large Pet Spa's and hotels. We have found most of our deliveries fall into this situation.

Some of the problems we have faced is our partners are unable to keep up with us.  We have been finding locations faster than they can purchase the equipment or supply their portion of the needed equipment.  That is certainly understandable but it does slow down our project goal which is 50 machines out in 120 days. We forecast each 50 machines out will bring in $1000 monthly commission to our fine arts group.

I have been keeping track of the amount of time I spend on the project each day.  For those of you wondering how many calls you need to make to get an appointment, here is what I have found over the past few weeks.  I average 2 accounts a day spending 90 minutes on the phone.  I average 44 phone calls to get one appointment.  I don’t make appointments unless I feel certain it is the type of business that meets Pepsi criteria.  Once I find there is interest I work a list of questions into our conversation before sitting up the appointment.  

I will update you as we go along with the Project.

Blue Moose

• 3 months later...

We have had some up's and down's with it.  Most of the accounts wanting just a Pepsi machine are a piece of cake.

When we get the larger accounts wanting lots of variety we have to work closely with our vendor and honestly at times its easier to just charge the normal location fee.

I will say that the folks from Pepsi have bent over backwards to help us in anyway possible and it makes working with them fun.

Blue Moose