Starburst

bacho

Just wondering if there is a way to vend Starburst. Does it take a special wheel to vend or is the cost too high to justify the vend?

My thinking is to attract the client with wrapped candy. Puts some minds at ease as to how the vendor handles the product.

Depending on the machine it is doable. Not sure on the price though. My Sam's has a 54oz bag for $6.07 so maybe get some and test vend it at home with various setting to see what vend give you the best profit. You should get about 308 pieces in that size bag. 6 pieces per vend gives you 51 vends or about $13 per bag. Profit is about $7 depending on your tax. 4 pieces would give you about $12 profit per bag. Not sure if it worth the time.

Thanks for the input, Beer980. My concern was, being it is square it might jam the vend. Guess I can try it before I decide it will work. Anyone try this product in their machine?

As for the cost, if it generates good sales it's worth stocking that compared to M&I doing fewer sales. I have a place I know will sell tons of Starburst if I can get in there.