Dentine Ice

AmuseStar Vending Co

As I have said before, I love the idea of the branded machine. I believe this concept will go far. I have spoken with Steve, the CEO over at SuperPro and he said that the Ice is just the beginning. They are going to roll out Certs in October this year. They hold a contract with Cadbury-Adams to offer their candy products in bulk form. As for the price, Its really not that bad. It is comparable to a double head machine but you have to also consider that SuperPro includes your first bag of gum with every machine.

Steve

Nothing ventured, nothing gained...  My 'real life' company I work for has people dedicated to researching new product markets.  I believe this is what caserri is doing.  He's big enough, and might as well look for new options.  the gum is usefull before jumping into meetings where you'll be the one leading the discussions, and I think the women willl like it.

Rob, I belive you have good gut feelings, but I've learned it's good to have a little insurance and hedge bets when you can.  If you don't adapt, you die.  I hope Caserri will post how he does with the units.  Just please don't get to biased before an objective analysis.

that's my 25 cents!

I agree with you Mike.  There is no way to know how D-Ice will work until you try it! It could be very successful or a complete bomb, who knows? I for one see the potential in a D-Ice machine at certain locations that wouldn't support a regular gumball machine (trendy bars, speciality ethnic restaurants, dentist office, etc). Why not get one machine and try it? If it is a complete bomb, there is always ebay, right? ;)

• 2 months later...

I love the idea of this product.  There is a local bar that seems to have blown up recently where I live, and there is one of these machines there.  I used it twice the night I was there, and I can only imagine they make a killing.  All those singles walking around looking to hook up, you know not all of them thought to buy gum!!  The last thing a woman wants to deal with when you're taking advantage of your 30 second window to talk is the fact that your breath smells like Beer.

Just a thought, hit the bars with these things!

Rob

i bought 2 dentyne ice machines from steve peterson at super pro and so far they have worked out very well for me. Both machines I bought have brought in roughly 40.00 per month. I have them in 2 strip clubs and them seen to go over well. My only problem with them is that they seem to be poorly constructed. The machine is your basic run of the mill but the stand it sits on is so light it feels like its made out of paper. For the amount you pay per machine you think they could give you a slightly sturdier stand.

other than that i feel the dentyne ice has gone over well for me...yet i only have 2 so that isnt really much to go on.

Mike

• 3 months later...

I' just starting out and was thinking strip clubs/bars would be the best place for these. Every guy in there wants to think he can take one of these girls home ...but it won't happen with beer breath.Do any of you guys have a write up on how to approach the clubs/bars...should I offer a % to them, how did you guys get the business . Do you have only one machine at the location? Any info on this matter would be greatly appreciated...again very new and thinking about buying a DI machine to start off with. Dentist office sounds like a great idea for this one as well.

Thanks everyone, Jeff

With well over 2,500 machines in service (including  non-SuperPro machines) vending Dentyne Ice, here is the top ten locations we've determined to be the best for Dentyne Ice. We now have Certs breath mints and many are adding this to the same locations. This list is not necessarily in order of highest revenue to lowest, although we've seen the highest revenue reports ($80 to over $120/mo) from busier Bars/nightclubs.  This list is based some on on personal testing but primrily from customer feedback. Hope this helps.  -Steve, SPVG

1. Bars/nightclubs

2) Restaurants, particularly fast casual, buffets, Mexican, Chinese and pizza/wings locations.

3) Health and fitness clubs, including places like Curves (women's club)

4) Waiting areas of larger car dealerships

5) Dentist offices

6) Medical centers

7) Coffee shops

B) Office break rooms with 25-50+ employees

9) Busier hotel/motel lobbies

10) Hospitals