Condom vending anyone?

beamo817

hey does anyone have any experience on condom vending machines? It seems like they would do well in clubs/bars. I haven't seen any in years and the one i remeber seeing was at a gas station and they had the cheap gimmick "french ticklers" in there. If anyone has any info to share i would appreciate it. thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Fred!

I got the joke!    I've heard that one before,  A matter of fact that has happened to me back in my teenage years.  25 cent and NO condom. Now I had to ask for one over the counter at the nearby drug store with a lady cashier.  a little embarrassing. but what the Hell.

I do not vend condoms now but might try them in the future. let me know if you have good luck with them.

Art

• 3 weeks later...

I think it could work, but I believe you may want to have other product as well.

I have seen many machines in bathrooms that vend out condoms, gum etc.  women's side has tampons or "napkins" (used to work for a janitorial business).

I would think the tampon idea with some other productsa would be great at a restaurant or bar.

• 5 months later...

I thought about condom vending in high schools. I know many high schools that you can get free condoms from the school nurse, but who wants to go to the school nurse for a condom. College dorms would be great places for these machines too. When I was in college, our snack machine had condoms on the last coils.

• 1 month later...

You can get the single (one condome type) machines for less then $50 brand new. I have and am thinking  about this myself. What is holding me up though is placement. Who is going to let you drill holes in their walls to place the machines? Who is responcible for fixing said wall should it not work out (either party wont's removed)? I would love to get this going myself but the idea of drilling into a location scares me. I wouldn' t wont stands in bathrooms do to the fact that they can not be watched.

• 5 weeks later...

You can get the single (one condome type) machines for less then $50 brand new. I have and am thinking  about this myself. What is holding me up though is placement. Who is going to let you drill holes in their walls to place the machines? Who is responcible for fixing said wall should it not work out (either party wont's removed)? I would love to get this going myself but the idea of drilling into a location scares me. I wouldn' t wont stands in bathrooms do to the fact that they can not be watched.

This is exactly what i was wondering. Same goes for the gum machines and those safety ties for bulk vending. How do you ask if its ok to drill the store wall? lol

• 1 month later...

jinxedsoul i am in the condom business and have been for 4 years now. I currently have 325 convenince stores and 435 machines out on location. Condom vending is very tough and the reason I say that is you have to have a extreamly large amount of volume to come out on top. I read in one of earlier post that they would go great in bars and clubs. Na the reason being people of are in those places will go and by them off the shelf. In the restroom vending service you are appealing to teenagers and very young adults, who will not buy them off the shelf because they are embarresed to. But if you are going to look at or if you already have look up barnett international, they are out of NC and they will be able to help you get started.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey didn't know if you were still looking for info on condom vending but I ran across something you might be interested in. There's a guy selling 35 brand new machines for 40 each. Not sure what kind of deal that is but his number is 610-457-9433 if your interested. Saw him on craigslist he's somewhere around Philadelphia. GL

I could make a killing with these kinds of machines here in Nevada! I think that I wouldn't want to deal with the hassle though, considering all that's been mentioned already with the drilling holes in walls and making sure I get extremely large quantities, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I bought the route from a local guy, but I have been adding new locations. But right along with adding locations you lose locations. I vend several different types. Do you want the name brand? Rough Rider is my number one seller. They come out of India and is supplied to me out of Atlanta GA

what does the average machine do in sales per month? are your machines the type that mount on walls? when you lose a location and remove your machine, if it was mounted on a wall how do you fill the holes? thanks

The are on a two and 1/2 month rotation which if I get a $75.00 per machine average I am making money. I have the machines that mount on the wall and they are mounted very secure. If I lose a location I tell the manager or owner of the holes that will be left in the walls. It is not my respnosiblity to fix the holes if I am told to take my machine out. If I take it out due to being a bad location I will fix the holes with spackling.

I have seen you post before where you have said you have hundreds of these......how many do you need to really make it profitable? Also what price are you vending your products at? What kind of machines do you use? I don't mean to ask so many questions but the town I live in has a lot of good places for them and I think I'm going to try to buy a few and try it. Thanks again

The price of each machine is roughly $400.00 dollars. With one machine you can make money but it has to do a average of $75.00 per 8 weeks. I vend my product a 75 cents per vend. There is not really a brand name on the machine that I use it is made by the guy I purchase my product from. What part of WV are you in I already come that way and we may be able to work some kind of deal out on locating some. You scratch my back and I scratch yours.

• 4 weeks later...