Been here for a while, but here is my intro

s.weir

Hey everybody,

So I have been here for a while, but I figured I might as well introduce myself just like everyone else.

My names Scott and I am a first year political science student at the University of Calgary (Alberta, Canada) with a minor in business.  I used to be in full line and bulk back home, but then I moved to Calgary for School and had to sell the machines to my brother.  Couple of months ago I decided I was going to get back into it, except this time with more then 6 machines (2 mechanical counter top snack machines, 2 full size pop machines, and 2 singles).  So far I have purchased 3 combo machines on location (yes i paid too much, but like I have said in earlier posts its an excellent profit base lol), have set up an agreement with a local vendor to work as an employee for him (just to make me some extra money to expand my business, besides his route is SO inefficient and he is trying to sell), developed a business plan, bought the name, set up all the legal things...etc. basically I got all my bases covered.  I am incredibly pessimistic in my financial planning, but that is because I force myself to look at the absolute worst case scenarios and say, "Okay so is it STILL profitable enough to be worth wild"  and then when things go the way they should it is always a nice surprise too.;) Being a student I have the advantage of a flexible lifestyle, but I also have the disadvantage of a lack of capital, so the money I earn i put to use carefully and productively.  My goal for this time next year is 11 full line machines and to be honest I will make that goal pretty much no matter what.  By the end of my degree I hope to have a few part time employees and a service vehicle.

It has been a pleasure being part of this board and I hope as i become more experienced I can help out newbies just as much as I have been helped out since I got here back in February (might have been January I dunno lol)

Cheers!