SuperPro Certs Anyone?

caserri

Now that I have my first DI machine in hand (See review in equipment review section) I am wondering what took me so long to take the leap. I don't want to make the same mistake with the Certs machine when SuperPro rolls them out later this month. I want to be first in line!

Anyone else taking the plunge on Certs?

Steve

I am taking the plunge as soon as Certs comes out.  I received a Dentyne Ice candy wheel in the mail today.  I am going to try and place it into an Elite machine tomorrow.  I am going to use the Elite riser and see what happens. I hope it works.  I want DI and Certs on an Elite double! Posted Image 

Now that is a silly question.....You know I'm getting them.

And about waiting so long, remember the post I made saying that your about as bad as me, where you have to analyze everything, from A to Z, and check out everybody else's success's before taking the plunge.......Knowing all along that in the end, you would still make the purchase, and you could of saved all that time.....Time that is lost forever.  I honestly believe Steve, this is a perfect fit for your 1 head, 1 product philosphophy, and the DI and certs will bring your biz to a whole new playing level. The product is outstanding, the machines are great, but I am positive the working relationship with Steve and Maurie at SuperPro will be the icing on the cake for you, as well as all the other vendors here.

I'm the only guy around here who has the DI and "soon to be certs", and this product has hit the ground running.  So as long as you don't go nation wide on me Steve, and stay in your neck of the woods, I think you'll do fine.

What would be sweet is a double headed machine. Certs on one side Dentyne Ice on the other. I will consider it when they roll out and I have more info. My original plan was to run triples on my route but now I am going to add some doubles. I may just try to use the DI and Certs as countertop models if I can get away with it.

What is this Certs machine you speak of?

Kyle,

SuperPro is going to roll out Certs in bulk with a machine that dispenses them. Along the same lines as their Dentyne Ice. Should be out by the end of the year.

Steve

OK, I'm 99% convinced to get a DI machine. I am waiting to hear back from Superpro (I emailed them this weekend.) Not sure about the Certs I will probably base that off how things go with the DI. Does anyone have other isses with the DI besides the stand being weak?

The reviews sound pretty good and I definitely think DI in bulk vending form is a ground floor opportunity. This seems like it will sell well for quite some time.

I am interested in the Certs and "branding" machines with certain products this may be a very interesting and profitable trend.

David

I thought I was the only one up this early....Good morning David.......To answer your questions.  Really, the benefits of the machine and the product far outweighs the negatives.

I'm new to vending and Steve actually pointed out some things that I totally mislooked.............One thing though that I find as a nuissance is the key does not have any holes to put on a keychain........It's not the end of the world, and I was able to drill them in,  but if I didn't, not being able to link them with my other keys would be a sure fire way to lose them.

I am really concerned about vending DI . I have had very poor results selling peppermints in some of my accounts. I left them for a few months and had to replace peppermints with something else. Is DI a huge seller in the retail sector? I am not a gum eater so I really don't know. The machines look great and the review on the quality of the machine sounds good but what is the audience for DI? It's not a product that everyone likes, like bubble gum. Young kids and adults alike buy gum balls assorted flavors. Dentyne is a cool peppermint flavor only, isn't it? It looks like the DI company is doing a good job at selling their new DI machines saying they are the hottest thing to hit the vending market in years. I think I will stick with the good old proven sellers like gumballs, M&I, PMM, etc. I really look forward to hearing how the DI product sells before buying in to the hype.

I really wish the best for the folks that bought machines.

Gary

I am really concerned about vending DI . I have had very poor results selling peppermints in some of my accounts. I left them for a few months and had to replace peppermints with something else. Is DI a huge seller in the retail sector? I am not a gum eater so I really don't know. The machines look great and the review on the quality of the machine sounds good but what is the audience for DI? It's not a product that everyone likes, like bubble gum. Young kids and adults alike buy gum balls assorted flavors. Dentyne is a cool peppermint flavor only, isn't it? It looks like the DI company is doing a good job at selling their new DI machines saying they are the hottest thing to hit the vending market in years. I think I will stick with the good old proven sellers like gumballs, M&I, PMM, etc. I really look forward to hearing how the DI product sells before buying in to the hype.

I really wish the best for the folks that bought machines.

Gary

Well if I read VendingGuy's posts correctly, the DI machine triples the revenue of every machine you already have, does your laundry for you(seperating out delicates), and can increase your partner's libido by up to ten-fold. :D

I am slightly skeptical myself, Gary.  It does seem like a very niche machine to me, and that niche market may not exist in your area... or it may :)  I have PM'd polecat on here and asked for some pricing information.  I am considering doing a single-machine trial, and locating it at a bar downtown.  I can imagine plenty of would-be Romeos wanting to freshen their breath before they make an awkward approach torward the cute-girl at the pool table... and then turning away at the last second :)

The price-point does seem high for the machine, and the product-cost as well, though.  I think we're all still in the 'wait-and-see' phase of whether or not this niche market does exist, and if it justifies the price of the DI machine.

-Lucero

Lucero,

I agree with you. I think I will wait to see more positive feedback from the crowd.

Thanks Vendingguy for PM.

All the points you made are good. What are the prices on the machines and the product?

You should really copy and paste that PM to this post. Others would like to hear what you have to say on this subject.

Gary

Well if I read VendingGuy's posts correctly, the DI machine triples the revenue of every machine you already have, does your laundry for you(seperating out delicates), and can increase your partner's libido by up to ten-fold. :D

Lucero, I think you did read wrong......It's not the machine itself that increases your partner's libido, it's the money that it makes.  LOL.    At least it makes my wife happy.

;)  Well to be perfectly honest with you, being new to vending, I really didn't know what to expect.....The DI and the sales that it generates for me has really motivated me to become more serious in the vending business.  My SuperPro's do good, but I make just as much off of the Dentyne Ice, and they are single head machines.  It is in a niche market, and is geared toward adults......I have repeatively said that the key to this product, or any product is finding the right location.  One thing is for certain though, the DI will open new areas for you to market to.......

To each there own I guess, and I do not blame anyone from wanting to see how everyone else does as a whole....I guess I like to gamble a little, but to me, this wasn't gambling at all.  I'm 100% satisfied with them.

Hey Vendingguy,

Thanks for the info. and the PM I am definitely going to get one now (well actually my wife is she got an unexpected Christmas check and she is going to buy it as a Christmas presant for our business.) :D I was gonna get us one anyway but this is great because if it goes well we will have the budget for a second one.

Well, I will keep you informed with this and the other aspects of our growing business. We currently have 8 of our initial ten machines out and we are having first choice get us 2 more locations currently. We will order the DI machine hopefully this week.

Thanks to all for the info.

David

P.S. How far is Henderson from Mayfield, Paducah? I used to live in Lowes and Mayfield ........ many years ago.