What would you pay?

Zeke

I am looking at selling my route...I am having a hard time at trying to value it.  Heres the breakdown

Route is 5 locations 3 with a major company...with possibilities of expanding with their locations.  locations are within 10 miles of each other.  Route grosses $30,000+.  All machines are paid off.  The route consists of...

Location 1:  School- Small snack machine RPD W/ bill acceptor

Location 2:  Large business 250 employees  2 drink Vendo 720's 3 years old, 2 API 933 series 3 years old.

Location 3: Large business 120+ employees 1 Vendo 720, 1 API 933 series, 1 COMBO RPD 20/8 W/bill acceptor.

Location 4: Large business 120+ employees 1 Vendo 720, 1 API 933 series

Location 5: Vets office 15 employees 1 combo RPD 20/8 W/ bill acceptor( location is small generall hit every two weeks.  But is right on the route so its an easy stop.  Route generally takes 3-4 hours 1 day a week.

Its a great little route, but I had to take a full time job...so my time is limited.  I'm torn on selling, because since the machines are now paid off I would like to try and make a little cash.  So I was just throwing it out there to see what kind of money my route would be worth.  Thanks in advance for any thoughts. I almost forgot,  there are no commissions paid out at any of these locations.

Zeke

Well....as a quick guess.  $30,000 gross is about $15,000 net.

I would like to have my investment paid back in about 10 months....so you're looking at about $12,500...if you could prove the numbers.  If not, then it would be much less.  One thing that could help with the selling price is if you have a contract with these accounts that locks them in for at least another year or more. 

Travis

Where is your route located...it sounds like a solid investment.  I might have a few vendors interested depending on where it is located.

Blue Moose

Personally, my business would come before a job.  I would find a different job or keep my old job in order to keep my vending business.  I would try to grow and expand my business.  Of course this is only the case if you are seeking your freedom.  Excuse my French and God knows my heart, but to $%^?*&&^% with a JOB!

I am in prison (Job) right now, but I see my freedom (full time business) right around the corner.

Best Regards