DrinkTime/SnackTime machine reviews wanted

MrEen

Hey gang,

My boss found a local ad offering 23 of these machines including some changers (a mix of new and used) for $1500. That's around $65 per unit. We have some locations that this type of equipment is all they really need and this could free up some full sized machines for higher volume locations. I was hoping there might be a few vending pros here with plenty of experience with these machines that could chime in with their recommendation on this deal.

This equipment, if purchased, would go into office/white-collar locations (places we've encountered little or no vandalism /machine rocking/etc.)

My boss has no experience at all with mechanical vending equipment and asked me to find out if this might be worth the risk. I know the price is good enough to be able to resell just the change machines to make back most of the original cost. But are these things more trouble than they are worth? Are they somewhat consistently reliable in a "safe" environment?

Thanks for any advice,

Scott

Thanks for the replies guys. I almost sent you a message the other night mxer as I recalled you asking about parts sometime in the past (coin mechs?)

It looks like we're not going to pull the trigger on this deal now. It was a case of EITHER this deal, or a few refurbed AP's. I'm happier with the latter (I'd be the one sent out to fix any issues.)

Kingsrookie, or anyone, if you're interested I could try to get the contact info to forward to you if you travel to central Virginia on occasion. I have no idea if the seller is willing to ship. In fact, I rather doubt they want to. And at the price offered, I'm pretty sure it a "take everything" deal. They had already sold the equipment they had installed in locations.

Scott