Looking for a part...

...for a Royal Marlin 2000.  The part is a compressor pressure switch, Part # MRA4716-34, made my Klixon.

Evidently Klixon has been bought out by TI, who has declared the part obsolete with no cross reference to what replaced it.

If any of you have an old Merlin 2000 cooling unit I would be happy to take the pressure switch off your hands for a small fee ;D

Thanks!

Jamey

I believe you are referring to the overload which is an electrical switch not a pressure switch. This part can be crossed by the make and model of the compressor itself (ie tecumseh). The other option is using a 3 in 1 hard start kit that replaces the cap, overload and relay in one unit.

But why do you think it is the overload that is bad? The overload is a safety switch that usually only pops when there are other issues with your compressor.

The location was having power flux problems due to construction in the area.  The breaker the machine was on popped, when I got power back to the machine the cooling unit wouldn't cycle.I switched it out with another one I had and took apart the bad unit and found the the overload had burned up.  You can tell by looking at it.

The unit was checked out by a local vending repair company and they wanted $500 to fix it.  I *think* this part is the problem, but it could be something else causing the part to fail.  I thought it would be an easy replacement (cheap as well) but the difficulty finding the part is something I didn't figure on.