DI Placement

Beer980

This is for those that have machines placed. Have you noticed it being easier to place a Dentyne Ice machine then your regular machine or was I just lucky? I just ordered my first machine today. The first place I hit was sold on the idea immediately. In less then 2 minutes before I could pitch the whole idea they said yes. I didn't even get the chance to try my back up plan for a maybe answer. I went to Sam's and bought a bulk pack of DI gum. It has 12 packs of 12 like you would buy at the grocery store. I was going to had out a pack as a sample to help seal the deal. Wow was that easier then a normal machine. Steve had sent me a brochure in my email last week. I printed it in best quality and laminated the sheet to take in with me. So I am onboard the DI train now. My forst placement is a brand new sports bar type restaurant. As soon as you open the door you will see my machine 8 feet in front of you against a 1/2 high wood covered wall section to the dining room. Here is the kicker, he may also take a triple vend to put right next to it. A big local vending company had a 5 machine rack (two 2" toys and two 1" toys and one splat gum) off to the right along another wall but not as visible as mine. He says they almost emptied the rack the in first week and they just refilled it today before I got there. Sounds like it will be a good placement right out the gate.

Way to go! Keep us posted on how well you do with your location. I really like the idea of handing out a sample pack of DI to a prospective location. I had the same idea as well. What is the cost per pack when bought at Sam's?

Steve

The box of 12 packs with 12 pieces per pack was like $7.80 at Sam's. My first thought was to cut the foil pack into individual servings but now I think handing out a whole pack is better. My plan is to have them offer it to the workers for their impressions or let the bartender hand it out to regular customers as a test sample for the management.