How much would you pay for this?

Keep in mind these machines are for very small locations. Yesterday, I purchased a M-250 for $200 from an old man who does not vend anymore.  He said he will come out and fix it if I have any mechanical issues.  Of course, if the compressor breaks, a new one cost $200.00.

This location does over $30.00/mth. with the Vendstar, so I imagine a small drink machine should do pretty good.  This is a small car dealership in a $500 square foot building.  He gets lots of traffic and he likes to buy his customers beverages while they wait for a car rental or credit approval.

Regardless, I am thankful I am in the stage of 100% business growth.  All proceeds go back into the business.  I currently have a full time job.  This business is for retirement, 12 years from now.  When profits and growth get out of hand, I will deal with that when it comes.  This is why I will risk $200.00.  The money came from the business anyway and it is not a lot of money.

Thanks guys for your input  :D

One more point....A large machine will not fit in this location.  It will not fit through the door.  We barely got the combo drink thru the door.

The machine is on location and there is an out of order sign on it already.  I cannot turn one of the coin mechanisms.  Thank God that the guy who sold me the machine will come out and fix it.  Well at least it cools very well.  That is the main concern.  If you buy from a person off Craig’s list be sure you know where the person lives.  ;D

For the whole setup? MAY BE $225...  50 for the soda, 50 for the snack and 125 for the change machine.

I bought a similar setup, but didn't have a place to put it right away so I set it up in my game room at home.  2-3 weeks (roughly after 4-5 vends from the same flavor) doesn't go by that I don't have to take one of the coin mechs apart on the soda machine and fidget with it so it works properly....  the bar that runs down from the mech to the levers that dispenses the cans is always getting into binds... 

But the machines may be better built nowadays. my soda machine was manufactured over 14yrs ago.

As for the snack machine, its harder to turn the knobs on the snack machine than it is to turn the knob on my Vendstar bulk vendors! And there are times, that i have to take the mechs apart on the snack machine also because of the quarters binding with the pins.

For the whole setup? MAY BE $225...  50 for the soda, 50 for the snack and 125 for the change machine.

the bar that runs down from the mech to the levers that dispenses the cans is always getting into binds... 

But the machines may be better built nowadays. my soda machine was manufactured over 14yrs ago.

Mikey

I know what you mean.  Saturday, I met the guy who sold me the machine at the location.  We opened the machine and adjusted the rods so the coin mechanisms would turn.  He said it should be a while before they get hung up again.  I hope he is right.  If so, I think the unit will be worth the $200.00 I paid for it.  I believe the unit is about 8 years old.  I am willing to work on it until the compressor goes bad.

I would buy a larger machine for this location but it would not fit through the front/only door.  And I refuse to put a machine outside at this location.

Mikey

We opened the machine and adjusted the rods so the coin mechanisms would turn. 

Adjustable rods?

Yup, they have improved since my model then!  there is no adjusting rods on mine. at the top where it fits into the coin mech, you have a 3/4 of an "S" bent into the rod. and at the bottom of the rod is just a hook type bend.

Best of luck!! If it is virtually maintenance free or really low maintenance, this would be the way to go.  Customer gets their change, drink and snack,  and you don't lose your pocket book on initial investment to give them what they want!

I went to checkup on the machine today after one week.  The machine has about $15 to $20.00 in it.  One Sprite busted in it but did not make a big mess.  I believe the Sprite busted because I left the drinks in a hot car.  I was lucky this time.  Other than that, the machine is working fine.  I guess the rods got off track while transporting it from the seller’s house to the car dealership.  They are drinking Pepsi and Mountain Dew like crazy!  :o

I should be getting the snack part to the combo machine in 3weeks to one month. 

This small mom & pop, rocks!  :P

P.S.  The owner did tell me he buys his customers candy from the bulk candy machine.  I wonder if he is doing the same with the drinks.  I wonder if he pays for the snacks and includes the charge in the rental cars or cars he sells.  What do you think?  Does it really matter?