A couple of question about DN386

Hi gang! I set my machine up today.  The previous owner had it set for 50cents which is fine with me.

However the DBA is gone.  I would like to install a new/used one.  My coin mech is a mars but thats all I know.  there are no numbers or anything on the outside of it.  where it looks like it would open up, there appears to be like a warranty seal on it and in writting it says repaired 1/14/94.

Would it be ok to break this seal?  How do I find out what model coin mech I have so I can get a compatable DBA for it?

Also,  the thermostat was set on 9.  1 being warmest and 9 being coldest.  its been in the 90's all this week, would I need to worry about freezing my drinks?  What number should I have the thermostat set to? 

Should it be set one way during summer, and one way during winter?  FYI this machine is under a canopy, but is outside.

Thanks again!

NinnJinn

Since you have a 368 you probably have a single price machine. Most validators are specific to the machine except in the case of a single price soda at which point it is determined by the coin mech that is in the machine. All information about the coin mech should be on the side of the unit and if it isn't you won't find it anywhere else. Single price Mars came in a few configurations and the harnessing will tell us what you need for a validator. The best way would be to post a picture of the harnessing and lacking that a thorough description may help. Again I am basing this on a guess that it is a single price machine. While you are at the machine though it would help if you got the complete model number of the machine as well.

Ok,  here is what I found out!

Model  TRC-6800H

Serial  804-00463

Part  #  91-99-369

Output  115V  60HZ  0.05A

Will this info help?  I forgot to bring my camera, so I didn't get a picture, but there are either 2 or 3 white connector thingies that aren't connected to anything but several wires going to each connector.

Thanks again! you guys are too cool!

NinnJinn

A 6800H should be able to use a Mars Validator (lo level) or a Maka (hi level) but you would need the corresponding harnesses. Do not try to plug in the Ardac/Dixie/USA validator into this mech. Even though the harnesses are the same they do not play well with each other. You would need a differemt harness to make this work. Here is a spec sheet for the 6800H

http://technivend.com/manuals/trc6800.pdf

It would appear that no matter what you use you would need an adapter harness. Do you have any validators that you could use?

No, I don't have any extras of anything.  I am in bulk vending, and while checking a machine at one of my stops there was this machine sitting outside for sale for 150 and I was told I could leave it there by the property owner so I jumped on the chance.

Then a MAKA NB series or a MARS validator should work for you. Again you will need an intermediate harness to make it complete. Does the coin mech plug into a jumper plug or directly into the machine?

I will check this evening or early tomorrow and take a picture..  there was a DBA at one time in it...  The hole is cut out and on the outside of the machine it has the exterior molding of a dba,  if you look through the slot, you can see the door thingy that is in between the product and the exterior door.

Replied!!

But interesting enough the pictures you posted will answer the question you had in another post. The solenoid in your pictures that have 018 stamped on it is your alternating relay. If you tape it down or remove the pin, it won't alternate!!