How To Transport Product

Emrys

I'm just wondering how people transport product to be stocked in locations, do you use totes and a dolly? That's what I'm thinking about doing, but I'm just curious if anyone has better methods out there.

Totes and a dolly would probably be your best bet.  Mine are outdoors,  (just started full line vending 2weeks ago.)  So I just back the car up to the machine and stock it that way.  but it is really becoming a hassle walking back and forth.

But yet, I am an anxious vendor.. I check on my machine everyday.  If I go a full day without going, I feel I am neglecting it.  But I am sure I will stretch it out once I get a route built up.

No no he means the plastic things that hold like 8 or 12 or 16 bottles, they often stack those directly on the floor or shelves in stores and as customers buy the bottles they bring the plastic 'trays' in the back and give them back to the coke/pepsi rep the next time he delivers product.

No no he means the plastic things that hold like 8 or 12 or 16 bottles, they often stack those directly on the floor or shelves in stores and as customers buy the bottles they bring the plastic 'trays' in the back and give them back to the coke/pepsi rep the next time he delivers product.

Ah, alright. I'm getting into cans, not really interested in bottles. So I won't have that problem there. My only concern is how to transfer large quantities of cans, and then what to do when theres only a couple left in each box. I guess I could bring an extra tote for all the left over cans, but that might get very heavy.

THERE WE GO!!!  TRAYS!!! Thanks mizugori

Sorry for the confusion Emrys

Ah, alright. I'm getting into cans, not really interested in bottles. So I won't have that problem there. My only concern is how to transfer large quantities of cans, and then what to do when theres only a couple left in each box. I guess I could bring an extra tote for all the left over cans, but that might get very heavy.

I am currently into cans myself.  And it is a pain to have 3 or 4 cans left in a box. What I meant with the "trays" is that I am getting the hang of what I am probably going to need to fill the machine.  So with the trays, Just fill them with product of what I am going to need. They have handles on them and they stack fairly nicely when empty.  This way, I don't have to deal with open boxes etc and worry about my "load" shifting and have cans rolling around all over creation.

I will post a picture of one tomorrow when I get them.

I am stocking a wide variety of flavors...so sometimes it means 5 cans of this, 8 cans of that...13 cans of something else.  Found the easiest way to do this is:

The case holders for energy drinks like Rockstar. Monster etc...make great can holders for future stocking.  I keep and reuse those cardboard boxes.  I then have a plastic container that I can stack those full of cans in (normally 2 or 3 high).  Finally, I load those onto a dolly (one I bought from Costco and can be converted into a 4-wheel cart, or a standard 2 wheel dolly). 

Travis

I am stocking a wide variety of flavors...so sometimes it means 5 cans of this, 8 cans of that...13 cans of something else.  Found the easiest way to do this is:

The case holders for energy drinks like Rockstar. Monster etc...make great can holders for future stocking.  I keep and reuse those cardboard boxes.  I then have a plastic container that I can stack those full of cans in (normally 2 or 3 high).  Finally, I load those onto a dolly (one I bought from Costco and can be converted into a 4-wheel cart, or a standard 2 wheel dolly). 

Travis

Hmm, sounds interesting. Will have to look into that. What kind of plastic container is it? How many containers do you normally use per trip for locations? And where did you get the cardboard boxes from, I know you said Monsters but not sure which it is you're talking about. Thanks!

Hmm, sounds interesting. Will have to look into that. What kind of plastic container is it? How many containers do you normally use per trip for locations? And where did you get the cardboard boxes from, I know you said Monsters but not sure which it is you're talking about. Thanks!

I'm not sure what he is talking about.  But I do know that "Monster" is an Energy drink. anywhere that I have seen monster, they are packaged similar to Red Bull.

I stock 3 machines at two locations.  The plastic bins came from WalMart....pretty cheap.  Monster is an Enery Drink, like RockStar...You can get those Costco or Cash and Carry for about $30 for a case of 24.  Or if you're not selling energy drinks, you can probably find the case can holders for coke or pepsi if you look around enough.

I typically take one large plastic container per location, and I stock twice a week.  We are selling about $300 a week in various drinks from both locations.

Travis