DBA not working

I finally got my dba and coin acceptor in today, the seller had all the switches to everything set to off/zero.  I went by the manual, and I cannot get it to work.  It is a trc6800 coin  and a VN2311 DBA both of them are mars..

Do I have everything?  How do I set this up?

newcoinmech.jpg

NewDBA-1.jpg

For 65 cents set the price switches 1, 3, and 4 on. Try leaving all the switches off on the val as some default to the settings you want. Once installed you must add nickels, dimes and quarters to the coin tubes for the validator to accept. If you still have problems take a pictures of the switch settings of the coin mech for me.

Oh, one thing I forgot, I attempted to hook it up to the trc6800 changer that is already in the machine.  Which the changer I have has 3 connectors on it instead of two like the one that came with the dba that is pictured.  should I try installing the changer that came with the DBA?  

For 65 cents set the price switches 1, 3, and 4 on. Try leaving all the switches off on the val as some default to the settings you want. Once installed you must add nickels, dimes and quarters to the coin tubes for the validator to accept. If you still have problems take a pictures of the switch settings of the coin mech for me.

Ok, Will do..  I will install the one that came with the dba today.  will post my findings later this evening.

Now what about the settings on the coin mech? do I leave it "low dba or no dba":huh:  or do I switch it to high current dba?

From what you are showing for harnesses it would be low level or short pulse.

Mech switches should be as follows:

1 - on- $ coin accept

2 - on- us/canadian

3 - off- hi quarter tube

4 - off- lo level interface

5 - on- escrow return

6 - off- escrow to vend

CIGARETTE SWITCH MUST BE OFF

I set everything up just like Technivend suggested.  I attempted to install the DBA and could not find a way to mount it.  the plate that is on there, with the flaps to hold the DBA in, won't match up.  spent almost 2hrs attempting to figure out how I could mount it..  meanwhile 6 different people stopped by to voice their opinion on me raising my price.  BTW, 0, zilch,  nadda sales today!

Anyways, before I left, I figured before I go through the trouble of figuring out a way to modify the plate, might as well see if the dba even works.  Nope, it doesn't.  It has an led trouble shooting sticker on it, but I couldn't find any led lights unless they are referring to the two that are on the front that lights up the bill entrance.  Anyways, it was off.  I watched it and plugged it back in and it did a quick flicker.

and that was that.

On a good note, the changer I got today works!

Sigh.

.....meanwhile 6 different people stopped by to voice their opinion on me raising my price.  BTW, 0, zilch,  nadda sales today!

Good thing is that you will probably see a dip in sells for a short time...but it will pick back up again.  It always happens.

Travis

Travis,

I most certainly hope you are right!  My main focus today was attempting to get the DBA to fit and to work..  which neither one happened.  then to add insult to injury, I look inside where the cans are and didn't have a single sale.

Lets see if we can't get you set up. Lets first try the new coin mech you just got in. Swap it with your and see if it works. While you are there take a picture of your mounting plate for the validator as it is no need to worry about the interface until we can get it mounted. Also, take a picture of the switches on the mech and validator and how you have the 2 units hooked up together (harnessing).

This is the easiest interface once we get the right setup, if that makes sense!??!