2 Inch Super Balls in the Summer!

T BIRD

This is my first summer vending and servicing all of these locations. ( over 400 )  What a learning experience for me.  I have found myself in the van for up to 12 hours at a clip most days.  When I finally arrive back home, I look like a total mental patient with a bad back and bad legs as I find my way into the house.......... :)

Anyway........I am finding that 2 inch super balls are the way to go for me in my NW 80s.  Wow!  Do they sell fast!  I love it!  Ain't nothin' like opening up that lock ( the older 80s ) and sliding out a tray full of quarters.  Summer time and balls.  That's the ticket!  I love bulk vending.

question - where do you buy them? I was looking at super balls at big apple, and the 27mm ones were very reasonable at 11.50 for 250. But the 45mm ones (I am assuming these are the ones you're talking about) are 9.75 for only 50. That's almost 20 cents each! Why are they exponentially more expensive? And how much do you sell them for - I would have to sell those for 75 cents to make any real profit. Unless you are paying less for them from somewhere else.

Glad to hear the 2'' Superballs are doing well for you Johnny.  I'm sure your best locations right now are where the kids frequent.  What types of locations are those for the most part?

I have them in spots that lots of kids frequent:  convenience stores with outside racks, laundramats, and just about any outside rack on the sidewalk.  Theres plenty of kids.

question - where do you buy them? I was looking at super balls at big apple, and the 27mm ones were very reasonable at 11.50 for 250. But the 45mm ones (I am assuming these are the ones you're talking about) are 9.75 for only 50. That's almost 20 cents each! Why are they exponentially more expensive? And how much do you sell them for - I would have to sell those for 75 cents to make any real profit. Unless you are paying less for them from somewhere else.

The price is a problem for me Corey.  I do not have 25 cent mechs so I charge 50 cents.  Cardinal or A&A are the least expensive places.  I make up for it because I have alot of racks selling all one inch toys for 50 cents.  In the summer they all see to be doing well at that price.  Obviously the profit margin is wonderful even if the toy cost me 10 cents each.