Today's locating

Lucero

Yesterday I felt a little crummy because I talked to about 8 stores and didn't get a yes, then got invited to dinner and had to end there. First time I've went out without getting a location :(

Between yesterday and today, I came across 2 quotes quite serendipitously. One was from a blog that my friend sent me a link to, and the other from a postcard.

"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. the slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." -Calvin Coolidge

"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in" -Winston Churchill

Today I went out and located the 6 machines I had sitting in my house :)

Hiii-ya. Time to order some more!!

Lucero,

I know how you feel. I have been to so many stores that have said no but I just keep going each day. I will never give up! The best thing I did was buy all my machines and build them, and had them seating in my garage. Every day I would walk out and see all that money seating there. That was all I needed to see and in the car I went. The best accounts for me are the ones that I have gone to over and over again until they finally said yes. I like to wait awhile and then go back to the same places I have gone to before. Sometimes the old manager is gone and there is a new person to ask. Sometimes there is a new owner. Sometimes by changing my sales pitch you get a placement. That's what makes this business so interesting. Each day something new happens.

Just some thoughts I wanted to share.

Gary

• 4 weeks later...

I suggest Donald Trumps book titled The Way to the Top: The Best Business Advice I Ever Received, which is a collection of quotes from 100 CEO's and successful people from all over the world. It shows that even these successful people have had doubts  about their abilities and some were thinking about quitting. Determination & perseverance is what separates the winners from the losers many times.

The book is an easy read & is in libraries so you don't even have to buy it.