Vending labels

Lucero

Hey I just figured this little trick out yesterday. I had taken my PMM label to Kinkos to laminate again(annoying!). When I got there though, I remembered they have a photo-duplicator. So I took my label over to that machine instead. I scanned it on as an 8x10, then centered it and cropped off the blank parts, and printed it as a 4x6. So now I have a nice little glossy label for my machine, and it cost about 27 cents.

Next time I go, I will just be printing off of my SD card (or CD maybe) from a home-scan of the image, that way I can control what color the blank area around the label will be, and I won't have to monkey with the kinkos scanner each time.

No more cutting labels for me!!

-Lucero

Yea thats what I have done. I scan them in and reduce them to the size for my triples. Then I fit a bunch of them on an 8 X 11 and print it in best mode. I can cut them out and put them on a laminating sheet to cut out. You can even buy printable sheets of clear window clings so you can place on the inside of your globes.

Yea thats what I have done. I scan them in and reduce them to the size for my triples. Then I fit a bunch of them on an 8 X 11 and print it in best mode. I can cut them out and put them on a laminating sheet to cut out. You can even buy printable sheets of clear window clings so you can place on the inside of your globes.

I priced those clear static cling sheets on the net.  They are expensive.  But it could be a useful tool to create more labels.

After paying for gas and time and materials wouldn't it be easier to buy the premade labels for 60 cents?

Leo,

Personally, I think the larger image to attract the eye of people and activate the tens of millions of dollars in advertising Mars etc has spent is worth making a bigger label :)  I would probably convert if a 60c label were 6 or 8 inches across, though.  My labels are 4x6 photos for 27c, and I have a Kinkos about a half mile away...

After paying for gas and time and materials wouldn't it be easier to buy the premade labels for 60 cents?

Leo,

Personally, I think the larger image to attract the eye of people and activate the tens of millions of dollars in advertising Mars etc has spent is worth making a bigger label :)  I would probably convert if a 60c label were 6 or 8 inches across, though.  My labels are 4x6 photos for 27c, and I have a Kinkos about a half mile away...

Lucero,

Great point on the marketing put into those candies. That is why I use them as labels also. (great minds think alike)

Someone was saying that U-Turn sells static cling labels for 60 cents, and I assummed that they would have the same look as the candy bags with all the marketing power. If not, I am dissapointed.