tips on clearing a coin mech jam (coinco) ?

dogcow

anyone have tips on how to clear a coin mech jam, the mech is coinco not sure of the model # exactly 9XXXX series i think havent taken a look at it yet but from the sounds of the voicemail i got it was jammed unfortunately they called right before closing time so i'll have to go out there wednesday to look at it, hoped someone could give me a little advice on the easiest way to clear coin jams from the mech. do i have to take it out completely? if so should i unplug the soda machine first?

regards

First pull on the lip near where the coins fall into the mech.  From here you can see what is going on inside and it may be enough to unjam the mech.  However I would remove the mech completely to ensure the jam is thoroughly cleared, you can just unplug it and remove it completely.  I've never unplugged the machine to do this operation just the mech.  When removed lift the latch on both sides of mech while pulling towards you and face will come off.  Next unplug face from mech and set aside insert a finger into each coin tube to keep coin from falling out and turn upside down and shake out all loose coins.  This will fix your jam and if there is another way to do it then i would also like to hear it as i am not a pro by any means.  hope this helps.

First pull on the lip near where the coins fall into the mech.  From here you can see what is going on inside and it may be enough to unjam the mech.  However I would remove the mech completely to ensure the jam is thoroughly cleared, you can just unplug it and remove it completely.  I've never unplugged the machine to do this operation just the mech.  When removed lift the latch on both sides of mech while pulling towards you and face will come off.  Next unplug face from mech and set aside insert a finger into each coin tube to keep coin from falling out and turn upside down and shake out all loose coins.  This will fix your jam and if there is another way to do it then i would also like to hear it as i am not a pro by any means.  hope this helps.

hey i talked to RJT on the phone he said to unplug the machine before taking the coin mech out or risk it shorting out, probably good advice.

I was able to clear the jam by sort of shaking the coin acceptor chute as described above that cleared the jam and i found a real sticky dirty quarter in there.

though i noticed it was not dispensing nickels for some reason. it was able to give correct change in quarters and dimes though so its fine for now i guess i will need to  swap  out the mech and take it apart to see why it wont dispense nickels.