MEI 7000 Stuck coin return

omgaz

Asking for help with a MEI 7000 changer.  The coin return lever at the top sticks.  When someone pushes the coin return button, it pushes the lever down and it stays there until I open the machine and push it up.  I cleaned the unit, but that did not help and it really wasn't that dirty.  If i open the top part of the changer( the part that opens when the return is pressed), the lever moves as it should.  Anybody have any suggestions or experiences with this?

Thanks!

The first thing to check is if the bind is in the mech or the machine. If you open the machine and push down on the C/R lever without using the machine portion, does it still stick? If so it is an interference bind in the machine. If not, John is dead on with taking off the lever and cleaning  the whole assembly.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to thank you guys.  I cleaned it, that didn't do much.  However then I oiled all of the joints that make up the lever to the eject buton, and wiped on a little oil around the lever/cover of the coin mec and now it works like a charm.  Thanks!!