rough day

gundog

Had a rough day yesterday for repair issues.

Had one machine apparently damaged in a lightning storm- it wont even turn on.  It is a leased machine.  Is there a main fuse on these or should I just call Pepsi?

Another wont take dollar bills the code says skew indicator?  Anyone know what this is?

And last a quantum coin changer wont give change.  It apparently was working and I was pressing the buttons to empty some change out and the thing locked up.  I tried rebooting but seems like it is jammed or something- I emptied the tubes and refilled but it isn't even trying.

On good note had my first $1K day- that took some of the frustration away....just too bad some of it is going to have to go to repairs.

Lightening strikes are bad for electronics.  I would just call Pepsi, as there can be lingering effects on other circuits within the system....even if you get the unit to power back on!

And congrats on your $1k day.  I am just happy to have $1k weeks at this time, but still growing.

Travis

Had a rough day yesterday for repair issues.

Had one machine apparently damaged in a lightning storm- it wont even turn on.  It is a leased machine.  Is there a main fuse on these or should I just call Pepsi?

I work in telephone electronics, usually unless you have some surge suppression designed to prevent spikes, lightning will take out some components and damage others to the point that they will fail in the near future, but not immediately. My recommendation is to contact Pepsi and have them replace the control board at least.

Another wont take dollar bills the code says skew indicator?  Anyone know what this is?

To me, it sounds like one of the two leds or sensors that are at each side of the bill acceptor input path is faulty, sending a signal telling the unit to not accept the bill because it is not aligned correctly. Cleaning could be all that is needed, possibly.

And last a quantum coin changer wont give change.  It apparently was working and I was pressing the buttons to empty some change out and the thing locked up.  I tried rebooting but seems like it is jammed or something- I emptied the tubes and refilled but it isn't even trying.

I have no clue on this one, maybe a payout solenoid is stuck at the bottom?

On good note had my first $1K day- that took some of the frustration away....just too bad some of it is going to have to go to repairs.

Congratulations on a great milestone! Hopefully you can repair your problems easily, and not make much of a dent in your profits, good luck!

I am still part time - dont know what the right phrase would be.  

I have my route set up so that if all goes well I can hit 80% or so of my stops in one day.  I run the route every other week again unless issues.  So I guess I could say I pulled in a grand in one day on my very part time route.  Could have done better, but I had 2 machines down because of companies moving.  Hopefully in a week or so will have another grand ++ day!