Snacktron 1 Keypad?

Pbuckler

I have a snacktron 1 that I would like to replace the keypad in. I haven't really looked into how it's done or what part needs to be replaced yet. My reason for replacing it is the plastic buttons are really worn and scratched. Other than that the machine looks pretty good. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement keypad or have you ever replaced one yourself?

You probably only need to replace the buttons. You could also replace the overlay but that is pretty strong material that doesn't wear to bad. You don't need the keypad. That is the membrane and noone sees that. Removal isn't hard it is just a lot of screws. If you are playing around on the machine you can take it apart and just try cleaning everything. The assembly usually has a lot of plastic dust in it after many years of use. If it is on location get the buttons and overlay and do it once. It can be time consuming the first time. 

A snacktron 1 is a 145 and is no longer supported by Crane. There are some parts available but they are dwindling. I don't think we even replace parts inventory for that machine anymore. RJR is probably right with VE as your best bet

A snacktron 1 is a 145 and is no longer supported by Crane. There are some parts available but they are dwindling. I don't think we even replace parts inventory for that machine anymore. RJR is probably right with VE as your best bet

I dont know them by Snacktron 1 or any other wording. I only know them by Make and model number (Crane 145 etc).  ;D Too many are named snack____ Snack Shop, snacktron, etc... lol

I think most manuf. are trying to force our hand to upgrade to newer models.  :(

In a couple new big accounts I think I am going to try the new Merchant Six's.  :o