semi stealth locating?

chad

I read in other threads here about stealth locating, just dropping off machines and going.  I have some locations that I have some DI machines in breakrooms and there is more room and look to be good locations for candy machines. These machines were located for me and its hard to talk to anyone to ask if I can put some there. Do you think its a terrible idea to place some candy machines there without asking? Drop off a candy machine when i collect from the gum machine?

thanks

I personally think it's a bad idea. You could end up losing your DI machine and the account for good. I think it would be better if you find a manager or owner and tell them how great the DI machines are doing and ask him/her if you could test a candy machine since it is such a great account.

Gary

all i am saying is, if the owner/mngr is hard to find or is not available for you to talk to what does it hurt. if the location is open to having charity machines,(i am assuming you are using a charity and not commission) and you do not put another machine or 2 in there, someone else will. of course you should ask first, but if there is not anyone there to ask......put it in.

That is two diffrent things. One is adding machines to current locations, the other is dumping machines on someone. If it is "your" location I would say sure. I have added machines to locations before, they don't care. I would not advise dumping machines in locations you don't already have.

Remember, I am not responsible for the outcome of doing this! :) 

Some location owners/managers are, I will say diffrent about some things. :D

Kyle

I'm not sure what the original question was. Chad said he wants to just drop additional machines off and go, because he can't find anyone to talk to!

Are you guys saying that once you have asked to place one machine in a location you just add additional machines to the location as you want?

Example: I have a triple-head vending machine that I have asked to place.  I wait a month or so and add a sticker machine.  I wait a month and add a DI machine without asking anyone and the person that authorized the first machine will not say anything?

Gary

west coast vend wrote:

I'm not sure what the original question was. Chad said he wants to just drop additional machines off and go, because he can't find anyone to talk to!

Are you guys saying that once you have asked to place one machine in a location you just add additional machines to the location as you want?

Example: I have a triple-head vending machine that I have asked to place.  I wait a month or so and add a sticker machine.  I wait a month and add a DI machine without asking anyone and the person that authorized the first machine will not say anything?

Gary

gary, i think now you are mixing two situations. i would not just drop off a sticker machine into a charity location. but if i had a charity triple in a location and i thought it could use another machine like a DI then yes i would just put it in. again i would try to ask first, but if there is no one to ask i would put it in.

now, if you have a commission stop and you think you can get away with adding more equipment go for it. if they do say something just tell them you were trying to make them some extra money with that empty space.

Gary I hope the blockbuster deal goes through for you! If so, can I reference it to the blockbusters up here in OC area?

Better yet Gary, You should pitch to your contact that you can coordinate with other vendors around the country to supply vending services to all of their stores nationwide providing them the same deal across the board. I'm sure you will have no trouble finding a quality network of independent vending operators! You would think that there would be a website or a vending forum of some sort where you can contact other vendors around the country!?!;) *hint*

Steve

Sorry for hijacking this thread but I see an opportunity!

Thanks for asking about Blockbuster Video. My contact was suppose to call me this past Monday but didn't. I finally called him yesterday and he said that his boss took the week after New Years off so the next time he will have a chance to talk about the vending machines will be this Monday, January 7th.  I am hoping that he says yes.

Before everyone starts asking their BB's about putting in machines, let me check with my contact. He is doing this in his district of 16 stores only for now. I am hoping that it will go well and other area's will authorize placements. At that point, I will let him know that a have a network of vendors that could service the other areas.

Thanks again for your support. I need all I can get!

Gary

Antonio,

Even the one's and two's will always feel great!

I am buying new sticker machines from Ameriavend. They have the lowest price and free shipping. I will have to pay sales tax because they are located in California. I will also take machines out of some of the accounts that are very slow. I also still have a few left from the orginal 50 that I bought. I also have one single left.

I just have to wait and see at this point...

Gary