Jammed coin mech on NW80 sticker machine

lurtsman

It wasn't out of product. I took the machine apart--the stickers/head section out and looked at the coin mech. I can't figure out what is making it stick. It moves about an inch. It is stuck almost all the way in. I'm thinking I may have to go back when it is slow and disassemble the coin mech to figure it out. Any advice about what it could be--and how to fix it--would save me a good deal of time and embarrassment working on the machine. I do not have an available swap out, so the repairs will be completed on location.

Probably a toothpick in the coin mech. Lift the top half (product compartment unit) of the machine off and then when you can look straight down at the inside part of the coin mechs you will see springs on each side. You can remove the springs from the hooks at either end of the spring, and then you will be able to unscrew the two screws (one on each side) of the mech's top cover. Just lift that off and I bet you will see toothpick parts or a bent quarter jammed into the mech. Clean it out, and then finish pushing in the coin mech handle so the handle will end up back in the ready position.

Now the important part, be sure and remember to slide the 'pusher bar' back to its original spot (just look at the other side that has been working ok) before you put the top back on. If you don't, then it won't vend any product because the upright bar attached to the coin mech won't make contact with the bottom of the 'pusher bar'. When you slide the pusher bar back to the proper position, it will vend one folder (just like it should have if not jammed half way through the process).

One quick test before you lock up and you're back in business!!

Jerry