Laundromats

jgoldenmba

Do you guys have any experience with laundromats? I have a guy that owns 4 and wants snack machines in all of them. He owns a convenience store and already buys enough cases of pepsi to have bottler machines at his laundromats. Is there anyway I could beat the money he's making on the 20oz bottler bottles? 4 snack and soda locations would be sweet. If he would give me all that what commission should I be willing to give up? What commission on only snack?

He also made the comment that he really wants video games in the laundromats as well. Should I venture into that? If so, where in the world do you get good used video games?

Thanks

Do you guys have any experience with laundromats? I have a guy that owns 4 and wants snack machines in all of them. He owns a convenience store and already buys enough cases of pepsi to have bottler machines at his laundromats. Is there anyway I could beat the money he's making on the 20oz bottler bottles? 4 snack and soda locations would be sweet. If he would give me all that what commission should I be willing to give up? What commission on only snack?

He also made the comment that he really wants video games in the laundromats as well. Should I venture into that? If so, where in the world do you get good used video games?

Thanks

If they are unattended you will have problems with vandalism. especially the snack machines. Even if attended it's kind of hit and miss with laundromats.

There is no way you can beat what he is making off the drinks. He is paying the same price or better than you and gets to keep 100% of the profit. That's not how to sell it. Tell him if he wants snacks in there that you will need to do the drinks as well and will give him ____ of everything and he won't have the hassle factor of dealing with the machines anymore. If he doesn't like the idea move on.

My .02

• 3 weeks later...

May want to consider spirals also. Look at what you can do for win/win deals. I've got a place that I pay very high commissions, but the laundromats all do solid numbers and they are great guys to work with. I end up paying about 35% of gross. My CoGs is only about 15% though. With the volume they are doing, I'm very happy with this arrangement. It's enough money for him to like having my business in his business. I make enough money that it's worth my investment (time and money). It could be profitable. I doubt you'll get the opportunity to run the pop machines unless he really doesn't like doing it. I'd be ready to look at how you can add value to his business without the drinks.

IMO, something just doesn't add up.  If he has a convenient store,  he has access to all kinds of snacks and contacts to get them cheap.  why would he not spend $1-2,000 on a snack machine and stock it himself?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be negative, Its just weird that he has access to everything but yet doesn't want to invest in a snack machine.

• 8 months later...

IMO, something just doesn't add up. If he has a convenient store, he has access to all kinds of snacks and contacts to get them cheap. why would he not spend $1-2,000 on a snack machine and stock it himself?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be negative, Its just weird that he has access to everything but yet doesn't want to invest in a snack machine.

I agree too

IMO, something just doesn't add up.  If he has a convenient store,  he has access to all kinds of snacks and contacts to get them cheap.  why would he not spend $1-2,000 on a snack machine and stock it himself?

Some people dont want the hassle of dealing with vending. Everyone has access to a Sam's Club which most times is cheaper than what C-Stores can buy from a supplier that delivers. I just got a laundrymat location that I will install in a couple of weeks. I will let you know how it goes....

• 3 weeks later...

Some people dont want the hassle of dealing with vending. Everyone has access to a Sam's Club which most times is cheaper than what C-Stores can buy from a supplier that delivers. I just got a laundrymat location that I will install in a couple of weeks. I will let you know how it goes....

This guy understands that drinks are a lot more profitable than snacks. Snacks is what is keeping me out of full line vending.

Archived