Silly Tax write off question

NinnJinn

Might be a silly question but here it goes.

Can a computer be written off on taxes as an expense?

The computer I have is old.  Like Fall of 2001 old!  I have to leave the poor thing on 24/7  or I have to unplug the power supply from the mother board, plug it back in, take a black and red wire and tap them together in order for it to come on.

I was planning on buying a new computer soon, although I don't like Vista or Windows 7. but oh well.  But then it hit me while in bed tonight (if you must know, yes! I'm sitting here in my boxers)  "what about using it as a write off and use vending funds to purchase it."

SO,.  Can I legally do it?

• 3 months later...

Might be a silly question but here it goes.

Can a computer be written off on taxes as an expense?

The computer I have is old.  Like Fall of 2001 old!  I have to leave the poor thing on 24/7  or I have to unplug the power supply from the mother board, plug it back in, take a black and red wire and tap them together in order for it to come on.

I was planning on buying a new computer soon, although I don't like Vista or Windows 7. but oh well.  But then it hit me while in bed tonight (if you must know, yes! I'm sitting here in my boxers)  "what about using it as a write off and use vending funds to purchase it."

SO,.  Can I legally do it?

yes most likely, do it before the end of the year to offset revenue but consult with an accountant to be sure, would just not just take any swinging d*cks word for it. lot of stuff u can write off actually to reduce ur tax liability this year especially if u have an LLC contact a good accountant they will know what to do.

Archived