Simplicool for Snack Machines

Poplady1

I see this subject come up often on forums.  Normally someone wants to add a cooling unit to a snack machine or has purchased a machine with one already installed.  I thought I might add the link for the product for future reference.

http://www.simplicool.com/html/products.html

Poplady

Sorry guys I didn't see your questions til today.  The drink machines converted are the M&M machines.  I had one of those sitting outside of a ballfield and it worked very well and made money.  You are limited to the products you can sell because of the interior design but I made money.

The units are added to the top of your snack machine.  A piece has to be cut out and it fits right in.  Then a electric cord hangs down the back and you plug that into a wall unit.  I am sure some of ther other vendors on here can give you some tips on how to make the unit more efficient but other than some condensation on the glass (you can spray the glass to keep that down)  and putting some extra insulation inside, they work pretty well.

Poplady

hello....

the simplicool unit was developed and patented here by my partner, and Simplicool is its own free standing corporation, set apart from our distributorship.

it is true that it can be used as what is called a downdraft, mounting to the top of any 4 or 5 wide snack machine. installation is fairly simple, requiring vent hole to be cut in the top of the cabinet,using a template that comes with it, installing a foam pad and affixing the unit to the top of the machine. it also come with a protective shroud that encases the unit. as has been stated, it operates independent of the machine, have its own built in electrnic controls.

because of its applications it has been used in everything from sandwich machines to pops to chilling snacks.

i noticed condensation was mentioned......when used in a snack application, it needs to be set no lower than 65 degrees..snack cabinets are not insulated, and have a single pane glass, and if the unit is set too cold, it will cause condensation......the purpose of adding it to a snack is to keep the chocolate from melting, and product fresh in hot enviroments....not to refrigerate it.

the unit also comes in an updraft version, if the customer prefers to have it inside the snack in the bottom...kits available for ap national and usi...

• 4 years later...

Are these units available to "plug and play" replace cooling units in drink machines? Maybe they can't put out enough volume or low enough temp, I don't know, just asking. It would be handy to be able to install a "plug and play" that would replace a machines original cooling when it goes out and can't be fixed easily.

Also about how much do these units cost?