Does anyone know what

royalforest

it really all depends on what the ambient air temp is.  But average is 2,500 to 4,400 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of energy per year per machine.  if they are charged $0.08/kWh, annual operating costs can range from $200 to $350 per machine.

As for a non refrigerated snack machine, I really couldn't tell you.  It would be pennies compared to a drink machine.

Your $30 estimate per month is on the high side.  I would say my outdoor machine consumed that much in a month when it didn't get below 85 degrees outside.  and also,  my machine is an older machine.  like close to 15yrs old if not older.

If the area is air conditioned which i'm sure it is, it is probably in the $10/month range. 

The thing you have to consider is, there is a fan running 24/7 to circulate the air, and you have fluorescent lights on 24/7 also.

Rich if you contact the utility in that area with some basic information they will give you a pretty good estimate.  I assume your business owner wants to know before approving the installation.  Our approach to those questions centered on comparing a drink machine to a refrigerator.  Unlike a frig with the door being opened and closed frequently during the day, the drink machine door is only opened maybe once a week.  So once its cool, it stays cool.  Just kicking on to keep the temp even.

But if they want a professional answer try the utility.

Poplady