Why do Amerivend machines and XYZ machines look identical

acvending

These companies don't own their own molds or tooling, so consequently, they really don't really "own" these machines. They are buying from the same manufacturers in China and importing them. These machines can be found through many different companies and Biz Op's, but each company calls them something different, which adds to the confusion and creates the impression they are actually building the machine. Some offer different stands (chrome) or a different looking mech to further differentiate them, but in the end, they're the same China-built machine, built from the same molds and tooling, with different names.

All:

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe Seaga owns the factory. An additional company that buys from them is Gumball warehouse. Overall Seaga OEM's the triples, and the others distribute generic products that they make.

Regards,

Phil

So in the end its seems that deciding to buy from companies like XYZ or Amerivend is really about who's got the better price rather than who's got the better machine. Oh I assume that also means their stands and brackets are interchangeable?

Thanks guys,

Adam

I don't have any Amerivend so I can't compare them but for some reason I am not attracted to them. I prefer the Seaga's and XYZ. I have one like Philo's avatar and a yellow XYZ. You may want to consider the color selection from each and see what is out there in your area already. I have not placed them yet but they will hit the street later next week. Side by side in the house they are almost the same. The XYZ has 3 candy wheels standard (1 gumball wheel $6 optional) and Seaga has 2 candy and a gumball/1". I have the green with gold trim Seaga Millennia for a double. My singles are the SuperPro DI/Certs. I think they are all close in price but I got mine new off ebay for under $90 with shipping. If you are starting out slow then maybe try a couple different brands from ebay to see how they are on your route.

I wouldn't buy any vending machine made in China. They are all knock offs of inferior quality. Vending machines are about durability and volume. It takes hundreds of thousands of vends to make a qualified decision about which machine to use.

Thankfully, that work has been done for you. Major vendors such as Folz, Sugarloaf and others have proven that Northwestern, Oak, Beaver and A&A are the obvious choice for professional vendors.

Good luck to you with your biz!

chuck