2011 Business Plan?

West Coast Vend LLC

I don't know if you really need a business plan template. Every plan is laid out differently bases on your personal goals. You can read through last years 2010 goals to get an idea of what other vendors are planning.

You decide what your ultimate goal should be and back into it by listing the steps necessary to reach that goal. Make a timeline and use as much detailed information as possible at each point of your plan. Remember you can always change your plan as you meet or beat each goal.

Gary

Every year this thread comes up, it's a good thing. So here goes mine. I am completing my 3rd year in vending. Although a simple enough business. Put machine out, fill, clean and collect cash. Like any business it takes time to figure out nuances of what works and what doesn't. So going into my 4th year I plan on.

Increasing my gross sales by 50% minimum. (I increased it 100% each of the last 2 years.)

Attend the Las Vegas show to get ideas. Maybe Vendiscuss members can plan on meeting for lunch.

Venture into some amusement (non-product) vending.

Add racks/or 3x heads. Selectively, not just anywhere, AND NOT CANDY. If you are new and learning remember this. CANDY SUCKS and is not where the money is.

Continue to dismantle my candy machines and give them away on CR. Repeat CANDY SUCKS. It is a pain, dirty and very low sales comparatively.

So basically add more equipment, venture out into amusements or other and do so methodically so not to go back into the red on the business.

• 3 months later...

I'm not going to put a number on how many heads I want to put out but I want to self locate toy and ball machines only! (mostly racks)Once I feel comfortable with the amount of newly acquired  locations  I want to start selling off my candy locations . 

why do you want to sell of your candy locations? Is it due to the rising costs of the candy and the margins are not good?

My plans for 2011 are :

Add at least 10 more toy racks to my route.

Get into sticker machines

re-locate low performing locations

add more locations to my route, have at least 100 machines out on location by year end (not counting racks)

buy all the 1800 machines and canisters I can afford and do away with the XYZ Triple head machines.

My 2011 plans are as follows:

Locate the raining 20 machines I have.

Continue to retro my existing candy accoounts to toys where possible.

Relocate the 20 or so "dog" accounts I have until I pull a minimum of $30 per location ever 6 weeks.

Find 12 more rack accounts.

Find 4 more full line accounts within 5 miles of home.

Gross $100K.

After I complete the first three goals I will then continue expansion to 600 heads.

I will be hiring my father in law toward the middle of 2011 when he retires to work for me 4 days a month. (This will be by far, the biggest accomplishment of my business so far in my mind.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

My goals for 2011 are as follows

-Create LLC (currently operating as a sole proprietorship)

-Purchase business insurance (havent found anyone able to call me back with a quote yet)

-Open a business checking account (mixing business with personal has been a pain)

-Do not finance anything, operate only in cash (except business vehicle)

-Buy a vehicle for the business (my '07 ford ranger just aint gonna cut it)

-NO M&M's (not enough profit margin to make them worth it)

-Eliminate candy except for office buildings and break rooms

-Sell advertising spots on 12" wide piece of plexi-glass attached to base

-Work out locating/fundraising program with band departments of all local high schools

-Broaden service area to a 250 mile radius

-350 bulk locations (at least 50 being racks)

-Start dabbling in full line, cranes and arcade machines

-Steal at least one location away from havending (assuming hes operating in florida too now)

(Had to throw that last one in just to get a chunckle out of hav..)

I'm sure alot of people see some of these as unrealistic because this kind of sucess this quick is rare but these are my goals. Tony Montana said it best "I want the whole world and everything in it"

or something like that.

my unrealistic goals for 2011 are all looking very doable for 2012, didnt get to steal locs from havending but did buy 2 rack loctions from him

Archived