I don't know how they did it.

new2this

Hello,

I checked a loc today that typically does $20 per month.  Anyway,  I checked the machine after the holidays and was excited about seeing two empty globes, however, I only pulled $5 from one head and $7 from  the other.  I never fill the globes all the way, but I filled one globe with 3lbs of mms and filled 5lbs of M&I in the other.  The locks did not look tampered with and the machine seemed ok.  I don't want to relocate just yet.  Does anyone know of a different lock I can use on the Northwestern Super 60?  I heard someone mention using different locks on their machines but I can't find that thread.  Thanks.

Tee

Hello,

I checked a loc today that typically does $20 per month.  Anyway,  I checked the machine after the holidays and was excited about seeing two empty globes, however, I only pulled $5 from one head and $7 from  the other.  I never fill the globes all the way, but I filled one globe with 3lbs of mms and filled 5lbs of M&I in the other.  The locks did not look tampered with and the machine seemed ok.  I don't want to relocate just yet.  Does anyone know of a different lock I can use on the Northwestern Super 60?  I heard someone mention using different locks on their machines but I can't find that thread.  Thanks.

Tee

Camlocks are the locks thrown up most often as an alternate.  Any chance you have the adjustor plates set funny?  I might go to the machines and try turning them clockwise hard a few times and see if you don't get a few pieces falling out. 

Just lift up the globe and look on the bottom to make sure the candy chamber is aligned up with the drop hole.

I kind of check this on a regular basis,if it is off a little kids these days know then can just jiggle the handle to get a few pieces out.

More then likely someone went in with a Northwestern key.Camlocks are great locks...I use their barrel locks for sticker machine,video ect.But I buy dimple bulk locks from Baton.Some may not like them but I do because they are a flat key and if they freeze up you can get them off.I can't stand drilling out locks.

Fred

I have an idea. Pick up those round multicolored sheets of blank labels from Staples or someplace like that. The ones that people often use to make pricetags at flea markets and garage sales. They should be the roughly the same diameter as the locks themselves. After you fill the machine and lock it, take one of the labels and mark it with your initials or something distinct and stick it over the lock completely covering it. If its been tampered with you would know because they would have to puncture it or remove it to insert anything into the lock. If they catch on and try and simply replace the label chances are they will not be able to replicate your distinct marking. Its a good way to at least alert that tampering has been attempted.

Adam

I have an idea. Pick up those round multicolored sheets of blank labels from Staples or someplace like that. The ones that people often use to make pricetags at flea markets and garage sales. They should be the roughly the same diameter as the locks themselves. After you fill the machine and lock it, take one of the labels and mark it with your initials or something distinct and stick it over the lock completely covering it. If its been tampered with you would know because they would have to puncture it or remove it to insert anything into the lock. If they catch on and try and simply replace the label chances are they will not be able to replicate your distinct marking. Its a good way to at least alert that tampering has been attempted.

Adam

Wow nice idea Adam. Those stickers with the cuts in them would be perfect, since you could see any amount of tampering. Give this man the great idea award.

You assume they stole the candy. What if they are a smart criminal and stole just half of the money, so it wouldn't be obvious what happened, and they could do it routinely with a key. An even smarter criminal might refill some of the candy.

You assume they stole the candy. What if they are a smart criminal and stole just half of the money, so it wouldn't be obvious what happened, and they could do it routinely with a key. An even smarter criminal might refill some of the candy.

He said there were two empty globes... Sounds like missing candy to me. A smarter criminal would buy their own machine :)  If they were smart and trying to be undetected, why are we chatting about it here? :)

I was going off what he said about never filling the globes, so 3 lbs of MM and 5 lbs M&I would be about $24 and $40 respectively for empty globes. If the crook was in a rush he might just take a lot of quarters from each, leaving 5$ and 7$. I can't wait to find out next month if it's an ellaborate plot or just typical machine problem. :P

I was going off what he said about never filling the globes, so 3 lbs of MM and 5 lbs M&I would be about $24 and $40 respectively for empty globes. If the crook was in a rush he might just take a lot of quarters from each, leaving 5$ and 7$. I can't wait to find out next month if it's an ellaborate plot or just typical machine problem. :P

I hear you.  I'm not saying the scenario isn't going on, I just find that in dealing with criminals, erring on the side of their stupidy is usually the safest bet.

Perhaps what's going on here is that tstrong is a candy thief, and is testing the waters to see how bulk vendors think.

Lucero wrote:

I hear you.  I'm not saying the scenario isn't going on, I just find that in dealing with criminals, erring on the side of their stupidy is usually the safest bet.

Perhaps what's going on here is that tstrong is a candy thief, and is testing the waters to see how bulk vendors think.

Woops, should have read "new2this is a candy thief...".

Didn't read your post correctly does sound like your wheel is out of line or the mech is stripped and it turns backwards giving free vends.

Tee you should know this stuff your not a newbie.

Another scenerio could be they stole the candy and money.

Fred

vendamania wrote:

Didn't read your post correctly does sound like your wheel is out of line or the mech is stripped and it turns backwards giving free vends.

Tee you should know this stuff your not a newbie.

Another scenerio could be they stole the candy and money.

Fred

its a different tee, fred. the tee you know is timeman on here. what is tee short for anyway.

QUOTE! (don't know how to quote any other way)

"I have an idea. Pick up those round multicolored sheets of blank labels from Staples or someplace like that. The ones that people often use to make pricetags at flea markets and garage sales. They should be the roughly the same diameter as the locks themselves. After you fill the machine and lock it, take one of the labels and mark it with your initials or something distinct and stick it over the lock completely covering it. If its been tampered with you would know because they would have to puncture it or remove it to insert anything into the lock. If they catch on and try and simply replace the label chances are they will not be able to replicate your distinct marking. Its a good way to at least alert that tampering has been attempted."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an excellent idea. We used to use something similar to this to be sure that our munitions hadn't been tampered with when I was in the the Navy about 20 years ago. We used a gooey substance that came out of a tube, but a good sticker would do the trick. You will know if someone has messed with your machine. The initials are great idea also.