Bypassing a switch on AP320

I would like to bypass the door Interlock switch on the outside door of an AP320.  This is the door that you would open to get access to the Cooler Deck, not the inner door that you would open to restock.  Switch is located on the bottom right.  Is this a simple process?

Thanks

Travis

Are you referring to the switch in the tower?

They are cheap enough to replace. Bypassing it may open up a lot of issues in the machine with programming and resetting the controller. If you are looking at jumping it out to test the switch, you usually remove the switch and jump the CO and N/O lugs on the switch.

I took a look at a 320 today and the only interlock switch I saw is activated by the interior cold door. It is located at the bottom right hand corner of the glass. I didn't see any other switch in that area. This switch would be to reset the health control and start the refer circuit so I would bypass it.

Long story short.  When I purchased the machine (used), they had the switch rotated to point up, and a small piece of plastic holding the switch down so when the door was opened, it would not turn off the compressor.  I put the switch back to the normal position and ran the machine for a couple of weeks, and I started to get CAB1 switch errors (lots of them...like 20 - 30 in a week).  Eventually the unit froze over and I lost my inventory.

After that failure, I rotated the switch back up and put the plastic in-place....and the errors did not return, and I ran great for about 3 months.  Recently, the errors started to return and the unit failed again.  While checking the switch....I noticed that just a little bit of motion could trip the switch for a quick second and I'm thinking that this brief interruption is causing issues with the defrost cycle.

I have since ty-wrapped the switch closed, but I would just rather remove it completely if possible.  Since I have one machine without the switch and one with it....it seems to be able to be removed without much issues.

Thanks

Travis

I would snip the wires behind the switch leaving enough wire on the switch to reconnect it and connect them together to see what happens. But I am a little bit of a risk taker. So dont do it unless your comfortable with it. But it seems to me it is the same as ty wrapping the switch only without the switch

I probably is just a "simple switch" that can be bypassed. But keep an eye on the proper operation of the machine. That switch could be to reset the control board, health control, fans, etc. It would be best if you knew what the switch did before bypassing it.