Seaga 9 Selection Manual Snack Machine

bacho

I read Steve's topic on mechanical vending machines and it got me to thinking about offering these to potential customers. The article is here:

http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=267&forum_id=31&highlight=countertop

I don't want to get into the beverage and snak business because:

1. Don't have the funds to invest in big machines

2. High tech maintenence

3. Transportation a big problem

I'll stay in the bulk business but also want to offer a potential customer the option of a snak machine if they don't get sold on the bulk machines. Sam's sells these for $295 with free shipping. These would go great in an office or a small breakroom and takes up less then 3 square feet.

Posted Image

So, if anyone has these on location or tried them, let me know how they perform.

I don't have any but I have considered them also for the same reasons. You can find some good deals on Ebay on new ones if you watch it often. One of my triple locations said they would not mind if I placed a snack machine in their breakroom when they gave me the ok to put in my machine. I wanted to place the candy machine out front near the door area but they gave me the breakroom so I took it as a better then nothing spot to see how well it would do. Right now I am going to pull the machine as soon as I can find a better location because it is doing very poor. I was thinking of replacing the candy one with a snack one but I have my doubts it will do much better. I did $4 in candy last month with plain & peanut M&M's and Reeses Pieces. They requested candy with chocolate and no gum.

Beer980, that location may be more profitable for you if you offer them chocolate candy bars. Chips are always a favorite for everyone also. I thought about making a product list and giving the employees an opportunity to select the product they want in the machine. That way you are assured a quicker turnaround of the product.

I did a quick figure of profit margin on this type of vend. If there is 10 employees and each one vends once per day at $.30 vend profit, which is obtainable, that will make a profit margin of $3 a day. $3 x 5 days = $15 a week x 4 weeks = $60 a month. Not a bad investment IMO.

I have 2 of them in a break room. I will report profits on them whenever I go to check them. I put about $50 in it to fill it, it was on location with 3 selections, all stale. :X It had $20 in it when I went to open it the 1st time (I had just received the keys, and did not have anything to put in it)

I LOVE to operate these. It takes 5 min. every week, to 2 weeks to fill it.

I put the following in the machine:

1. Sugar Donuts (4.00 for 12 packs, like 7 in each pack) ,

2. Chocolate Donuts (4.00 for 12 packs, like 7 in each pack) 

9 Lays Classic Chips, 9 Doritos, 9 Frito's, 7 Ruffles, 7 Cheetos, 4 Cool Blue Doritos (all in value pack 10.95 for all),

9 Snickers, 5 Twix, 3 Almond Snickers, 4: 3 Musketeers, got all of the candy bars in a value pack for 11.50),

Peanut Butter Crackers (49 packs for 4.95),

and Famous Amos C-Chip Cookies (36 packs for 8.75).

Kyle

Well they are located next to a C-Store/Gas Station and I have watched them go over to buy snacks so I doubt I will have luck with it at this location. I may be taking a transfer with my job in the next few months so I am going to hold off for now. Less to pull and relocate 1,000 miles away if I do have to move.